webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Wishlist - KeePass for webOS with or without desktop sync
Wishlist - KeePass for webOS with or without desktop sync

Old 11/01/2009, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone heard of any developers working on a webOS port of KeePass? Either 1.x or 2.x doesn't matter. I'd love to have true two-way sync between desktop and phone. Even better would be a cloud type service that could sync wirelessly. I just have too many online passwords and game serials stored to be without this app.

The closest I could think of would be to use the PortableApps version on the USB drive and just sync the kdb files whenever I need to, but that still requires a PC handy, which I would just use my laptop for.

Anyway, I know I'm rambling. So has anyone heard of development on a webOS version?
vitz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2010, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey guys,
I am really missing keepass on the palm. Is it possible to develop sth. out of the keepassx or iphone version?
I am willing to spend some money for this, so would be nice if someone would get into this app.

Thanks
Chris
csaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2010, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Have a look at Keyring. It's not KeePass, but it does the same thing, and there's a converter that can translate a CSV KeePass export.

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
krid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: berdinkerdickle
Old 03/07/2010, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

or jVault with a desktop companion. It is working great for me. 2-way sync is coming according to the developer.
myrcgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2010, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Another vote for jVault. The developer is very responsive to improvement proposals. As mentioned by myrcgarage two-way-sync is coming. The jVault desktop client can also import CSV files. This function will also be extended in the near future.
stbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2010, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Has anyone heard of any developers working on a webOS port of KeePass? Either 1.x or 2.x doesn't matter.
+1
habasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2010, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

The first password app to include the aforementioned true two-way sync wins. I've been using Keepass desktop for years and it's rock solid. All we need is the WebOS version that syncs in order to provide backup and common data on the Pre and PC desktop. About cloud data, for me....secure password information is too sensitive to have floating around out 'there' somewhere.
SplashID has a WebOS version and is working on the two way sync, but hasn't come out with it yet. If SplashID comes out first, it would be ideal if Keepass desktop data could be converted and/or imported into SplashID for webOS.
BTW, my wife and I, both long time Palm users, gave up our Palms and dumb phones. We absolutely love our Palm Pre's!
desert_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2010, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

have you checked out jvault?
Pre app:
http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...catalog/jvault
Desktop app:
CohoSoft - Product Catalog

It's a nice combo.

Edit: related thread you may be interested in. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-splashid.html
noco37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: hparsons
Old 03/23/2010, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good tips, thanks. Jvault looks like it might be in the lead.

Pros:It does take CSV formatted files which allows export from Keepass perhaps with some editing.

Includes compatible desktop and Pre components.

There are multiple backup opportunities.

Cons: The one-way sync. It may require adopting your own protocol such as only making changes to the desktop companion and then copying the modified database to the Pre. Otherwise, it looks like changes made on both could result in lost data.

Requires hooking up the hardwire usb connection to copy database.

A Chapura Pocketmirror type sync would be much easier.

I'll try the trial version.
desert_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2010, 02:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by habasch View Post
+1
+1. Pleeeease, Mr.KeePass, make a WebOS version!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
have you checked out jvault?
Pre app:
Desktop app:

It's a nice combo.
It's a nice option, indeed. However, I don't see it exactly as a syncing combo: I see the desktop version as a backup utility and/or a quick editing method (better editing your password database with your desktop keyboard rather than with your Pre's). And what a pity it isn't free... as KeePass is.
Professore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2010, 04:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tib

Since there is a KeePass for the iPhone and Android I would also love to see PreeKeePass for my Pre!
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2010, 07:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

I have PasswordPlus working and syncing with Classic but of courde any Classic solution is hopefully temporary. Watching SplashID and hoping they add syncinng to the webOS version since they already do for iPhone.
starbuckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2010, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I use keypassx on my Mac. The ability to sync my password file to my Pre would be awesome!

-Walter
WalterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2010, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

I just got a Pre and the first app I'm looking for is keepass. It's one of the first apps I start-up on my PC because it's so easy to launch anything and everything from the URL: or cmd://cmd.exe.
djh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2010, 05:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tazmorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djh07 View Post
I just got a Pre and the first app I'm looking for is keepass. It's one of the first apps I start-up on my PC because it's so easy to launch anything and everything from the URL: or cmd://cmd.exe.
Funny,

Keepass was my second app I thought of.
Isilo was the first for me.

Another vote for keepass for Pre please
Old 05/12/2010, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

+1

Keepass should be there! And it should be free!
moejarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2010, 02:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

+1
Native Keepass app without the need of using csv would be be great.
Old 07/02/2010, 04:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

I just downloaded keepass for the desktop and I'm loving it. Would go crazy for one on the Pre though!
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2010, 09:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

man, still no keepass and no mention of development of it for webos. this is the only thing I'm really missing from my pre. I've used keepass for years on the desktop (actually the portable version on a usb drive).

I think i may try the jvault while everything is 50% off.
jonyah#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2010, 03:22 PM   #20 (permalink)

Another vote for Keepass for WebOS - the first application I looked for.

Now that HP is pumping $$ into Palm/WebOS, now is the time since WebOS will end up being on many of HP's mobile solutions (Slate etc)
iamhives is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jvault, keepass

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0