Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am working on Keepass for webOS. In fact the lack of Keepass is why I started developing on webOS.

I wanted to do a full port, but ran into issues managing large files that include history, etc. Also need to figure out files with compressed entries. Keyfiles will also probably be an update after release.

Unfortunately I keep getting pulled in multiple directions. At this point I have a functioning UI that allows accessing a file from a URL, Dropbox or local storage. The decryption is a a bit of a headache, since all the open source code is .net or Java. I also plan to distribute globally, which means I have to apply for CCATS certification form Uncle Sammie.

I put the support pages and screen shots up ahead of myself, originally I intended to get this done by December 2010...too many priorities.

My plan is to clear my plate this month and focus on Keepass in May. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by pcimino; 04/05/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for doing this!
    If you need help in testing the app, feel free to tell me. I am not a developer, but I can do testing for you!

Greetings
    Chris
    +1
    Thanks for bringing KeePass to webos. This is something I really waited for.
    Cheers,
    gkd5mao
    +1
    THX a lot for bringing the best password manager to webOS !!

fredmr...
    Last edited by fredmr; 04/19/2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Ok, dumb question. What's keepass?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    the best password manager
    :-)

seriously: a very powerful password manager with a lot of plugins and features. Check KeePass Password Safe
    We looked at developing such an app once, but there is like 100 of them in the catalog already.

Personally, I just store them in notes.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    We looked at developing such an app once, but there is like 100 of them in the catalog already.

Personally, I just store them in notes.
    Luckily here is just a port needed. There are Linux Versions out there, Iphone ones, Android, etc. So I hope getting it to WebOs won't be too much.

The beauty of Keepass is, that you can use one password DB on different systems, hence reducing the work to keep your passwords in sync. In my view, the nly other app that can do it as seamless as Keepass is lastpass. And since they use their servers to store it, it is out of the game.
    So the extra feature is that keepass synchronizes with other installations?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    So the extra feature is that keepass synchronizes with other installations?
    The multi OS thing is a plus as well. :-)
    But for me, the integration with browsers, the referencing within the database, the expiration of passwords and some other small things are the features I can't find anywhere.
    Most browsers have their own password storage now.

Getting anything from WebOS to something outside is no small task.

However, I see your point with the other features. It looks like Keepass has some plug ins to interface with other apps. I may look into this.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Most browsers have their own password storage now.
    Yep and for me, I have Keepass integrated into the browser, so only one DB. Personally love passifox for Firefox, since it is really easy to use.
    +1 for getting KeePass for webOS
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    +1 from here as well.
    I'm really missing this badly. In case you need someone to test, let me know!
    Looks like translunardesigns.com has taken down the KeePass for WebOS page over the course of past week or so. The main page for WebOS apps there doesn't list it anymore either. Does this mean there won't be a public release of KeePass for WebOS afterall? *SAD*
    Last edited by irritum; 07/11/2011 at 12:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    +1 for keepass on webos
    What's the point? webOS seems like it's dead.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    KeePass2 standalone install runs under the ubuntuchroot with mono. Install mono and the mono window forms package (mono-runtime and libmono-winforms2.0-cil). Then run KeePass from the installation folder with "mono KeePass.exe"
    What's the point? webOS seems like it's dead.
    ..that from a webOS Hot Apps winner developer, go elsewhere. There are still many that use webOS everyday, so what is wrong asking for apps that are needed.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast