Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I moved to LastPass, you can import your KeePass database and they have a webOS app.
    Try the awesome and free SecuStore! You can import your KeePass database as a CSV. I've been using it for the past 6 months and love it! I believe they will have a desktop sync app available once the app get's into the Palm catalog.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/secustore

AMAZING app!
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    I moved to LastPass, you can import your KeePass database and they have a webOS app.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $lastpass$ $stores$ $passwords$ $online$, $i$.$e$. $out$ $of$ $my$ $reach$. $Correct$ $me$ $if$ $i$'$m$ $wrong$.

I'd never do this even if you beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by acc3d View Post
    Try the awesome and free SecuStore! You can import your KeePass database as a CSV. I've been using it for the past 6 months and love it! I believe they will have a desktop sync app available once the app get's into the Palm catalog.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/secustore

AMAZING app!
    You REALLY manage your passwords with a beta app that will expire eventually? With an app that doesn't allow export?

Good luck to you then...
    WalterH, while I do agree with you regarding online password storage, you need to calm down.

I use KeePass as my primary password database, and import that data into SecuStore. While SecuStore may not currently provide a sync option (it will soon), it can make backups and is still a great way to safely carry sensitive info.

The developer has stated that the app will not expire until it's officially accepted into the App Catalog. If for some reason it doesn't, I can easily choose another app to use. No loss whatsoever.

At this point, the developer is just waiting for a certification in order to submit to the app catalog. They'll be getting my money as soon as the app is approved!
    Quote Originally Posted by acc3d View Post
    WalterH, while I do agree with you regarding online password storage, you need to calm down.
    I'm quite calm...

Maybe we speak about different needs: I run a small security and open source company. So i have to manage all of my own passwords, customer passwords (e.g. for the company firewall or the world wide VPN...) and the banking data of the company.

All in all about 300 passwords. Quite sensitive stuff! Stuff that you simply can't write down unencrypted as a backup.

So the key features of MY password store are:
    - secure (obviously!)
    - rock solid and mature, database corruption would be fatal
    - csv export (just in case...)
    - preferably open source to have access to the code if the developer quits

Other features are simply for convenience:
    - categories and subcategories
    - copy and paste

That's why i'd NEVER use SecuStore in the current state.

Keepass ist just ideal and i really want it for the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    I'm quite calm...

Maybe we speak about different needs: I run a small security and open source company. So i have to manage all of my own passwords, customer passwords (e.g. for the company firewall or the world wide VPN...) and the banking data of the company.

All in all about 300 passwords. Quite sensitive stuff! Stuff that you simply can't write down unencrypted as a backup.

So the key features of MY password store are:
    - secure (obviously!)
    - rock solid and mature, database corruption would be fatal
    - csv export (just in case...)
    - preferably open source to have access to the code if the developer quits

Other features are simply for convenience:
    - categories and subcategories
    - copy and paste

That's why i'd NEVER use SecuStore in the current state.

Keepass ist just ideal and i really want it for the Pre!
    LastPass meets your needs Walter, read the 'Features' page and sign-up - it's free.
    Another plea for a webOS port of KeePass. I'd gladly pay for it.

I've looked at LastPass, but I just do not like the idea of storing my passwords on-line. Plus IIRC it's not open source. Much prefer KeePass!
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    LastPass meets your needs Walter, read the 'Features' page and sign-up - it's free.
    No way! Just no way!

Among my customers is (e.g.) a german lottery company for which i installed the firewall cluster. Storing this password online at a company i know nothing about in a country that's notorious for giving the NSA access to everything doesn't seem like a good idea.

Can you imagine what my customers would do to me if they ever found out? Can you imagine what would happen if the database got stolen - encrypted or not?

And that's just an example. Online password store is about the biggest NO-NO i can think about.

In fact i don't even rely on Keepass - my whole laptop drive is encryped, too. Independently of my password store and with a different password.

Yeah, i know - call me paranoid. I agree that most users don't need such a level of security but if you're really concerned about your security - or in my case: have to be concerned - then online store isn't even an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    No way! Just no way!

Among my customers is (e.g.) a german lottery company for which i installed the firewall cluster. Storing this password online at a company i know nothing about in a country that's notorious for giving the NSA access to everything doesn't seem like a good idea.

Can you imagine what my customers would do to me if they ever found out? Can you imagine what would happen if the database got stolen - encrypted or not?

And that's just an example. Online password store is about the biggest NO-NO i can think about.

In fact i don't even rely on Keepass - my whole laptop drive is encryped, too. Independently of my password store and with a different password.

Yeah, i know - call me paranoid. I agree that most users don't need such a level of security but if you're really concerned about your security - or in my case: have to be concerned - then online store isn't even an option.
    Idem for me : online storage is not an option, as far as the online storage is not just mine, under my exclusive control.
    That's a major feature of Keepass : you can own, control and manage your database.
    Any news on this?

perhaps someone can convert an existing iphone/android/linux app using the PDK?
    Downloads - KeePass
    Anyone working on this or know of an update?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    WebOS KeePass would be awesome. Is any developer looking into this? There is an iphone app, maybe it can be ported?
    I would pay for a webOS port of keepass, too !!! Anyone working on it ?!? I'm currently using SecuStore but conversion is not stressless. Doing it often is hard work...

TIA,
    fredmr...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Just want to add my vote into this. I'd pay for a KeePass app for WebOS.

Can't the iPhone app be ported easily?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    A Vote for KeePass. The other stuff won't be an option for me, since Keepass is integrated with my browser, etc.
    Just saw there is already a windows 7 port out there... Anyone of the developers would mind going for KeePass?
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I have KeePass on my laptop, and it is a good program. But I almost never use it anymore due to LastPass on... everything, including my Pre.

But the intoxicating ease of use of LastPass is amazing. Any computer, any smart phone, any time. And, thanks to this forum, I see it will import my KeePass data, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I have KeePass on my laptop, and it is a good program. But I almost never use it anymore due to LastPass on... everything, including my Pre.

But the intoxicating ease of use of LastPass is amazing. Any computer, any smart phone, any time. And, thanks to this forum, I see it will import my KeePass data, too.
    Okay,
    I'm convinced.
    I'll go get it now.
    Thanks.
    Just call me Berd.
    there is hope for keepass on webos:

http://translunardesigns.com/webOS/keepass_4_webOS.htm

It's not out yet i think and it seems to only open new databases and this read only. But it's on developer focus:

Current Version: Planned release spring 2011
    •Support for older file formats
    •Write/Update databse files
    focus:
    Last edited by gizmo21; 04/01/2011 at 10:49 AM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast