Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE 18.02.2010

I won't have the time to write both this thread here and the repositiy thread. You can leave comments or ideas for Improvements at any time. I'll get an E-Mail notification. Don't worry I will implement any future you request (and possible) but give me some time. Thanks for the good beta testers I had. It would be still nice to have have a few people that test that thing for real when a new version comes. Thanks!

You can find preStop here, Preware or WOQI!
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 02/18/2010 at 09:38 AM.
    I installed and it works pretty good. Is there any way to incorporate a timer into the app? Sort feature is cool too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed and it works pretty good. Is there any way to incorporate a timer into the app? Sort feature is cool too.
    Well i thought about a beep when the next lap is slower then the lap before and a visual line showing the exact time lost. Will work today on it. Perhaps there is an update .

Still preTimer is one of my next projects i guess.

Thanks for the reply.
  4.    #4  
    New Version is out!

Would like to here if you have problems with the LapTime view. In the Emulator I had some ms differences (just 1 ms). Don't yet now how to solve this. Will work on it.
    Ok I downloaded the new version. the 1ms is difference is showing up on the Pre as well. I am not a coach so the Lap time might make sense, and it does the same thing I suggested, it would make sense to me as a layman for it to say difference. But if that is not the standard track industry term by all means leave it as laptime. So far it looks and operates good. I am in the education field and when I am doing multiplication drills and it can show how came in what place. Thanks!

Your todo list looks promising!

Edit: Just for looks is there anyway to make the icon smaller like the other Pre icons, 64 x 64.
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/01/2009 at 08:58 AM.
  6.    #6  
    ... it would make sense to me as a layman for it to say difference.

Edit: Just for looks is there anyway to make the icon smaller like the other Pre icons, 64 x 64.
    Update:
    Now there is also difference available. Think both is needed.
    Will fix the icon issue in next update.

Thanks again. It's good to have another opinion.

Does anybody know what I need to do to post this app in the precentral.net reposity? Would be nice because I guess now it has some advantages...
    I don't know I created a patch yesterday and pm'd dbsooner and he put it on preware. You would probably pm Dieter Bohn he could tell you the next steps.
    This looks great! I can even understand what the time represent. Looking forward to your todo list being implemented. I notice that Lap 2 has a minus (-) sign instead of a plus (+) sign like the other laps. Don't know if this is oversight or maybe I am missing what it means. It seems to me that since it is more than Lap 2 it should be a plus sign. I notice the same thing in your screenshot.
  9.    #9  
    This looks great! I can even understand what the time represent. Looking forward to your todo list being implemented. I notice that Lap 2 has a minus (-) sign instead of a plus (+) sign like the other laps. Don't know if this is oversight or maybe I am missing what it means. It seems to me that since it is more than Lap 2 it should be a plus sign. I notice the same thing in your screenshot.
    Ah okay. The +/- function was a bonus feature i implemented in the new version.
    It shows if the current lap was faster (symboled with a minus) or slower (+)

for example:

Lap 1 was 1 Minute and 50 seconds

Lap 2 is 1 Minute and 30 seconds

the result would be -20 seconds (1 minute 50 seconds - 20 seconds = 1 minute 30 seconds)

I have seen this kind of time design in various Sport Channels. I think it's quiete helpfull. You can know see without calculating how many seconds you were faster or slower.
    Ok thanks for clarifying I just thought that since the first one had a minus that it was a bug.
    Lap 1 was 1 Minute and 50 seconds

Lap 2 is 1 Minute and 30 seconds
    how is that possible?
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/03/2009 at 08:43 PM.
  11.    #11  
    ...how is that possible?
    Okay I'll try to explain. Imagine you are running in a big circle lets say 800 meters. When you finnish the first Lap after 800 meters you press the "Lap" Button (shows 1 Minute 50 for this lap). You decide to make another round of 800 meters. This time you run much faster and hit lap again. Now it shows 1 minute and 30 seconds for the second lap. So the time you see is the actual Lap Time not the total.

Right now I'm working at the gui. Replaced the stock buttons with more fancy ones and will try to make it easier to understand what each display means .

----

BTW: NEW VERSION

Changelog Build 30031991:

- made a new GUI (still in development so don't worry )
    - removed the standart "Palm Header"
    - showing BestLap
    - some code cleaning
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 11/03/2009 at 12:35 PM.
    This app looks much better thanks for shrinking the icon. I notice a functionality that the earlier versions didn't have. If you hit the start button and then stop you can keep hitting start and it keeps restarting the timer. On your earlier versions the start button was unavailable once you started the timer. Don't know if it is a bug or what. Is this a feature you set out to do?
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/05/2009 at 05:33 AM.
  13.    #13  
    This app looks much better thanks for shrinking the icon. I notice a functionality that the earlier versions didn't have. If you hit the start button and then stop you can keep hitting start and it keeps restarting the timer. On your earlier versions the start button was unavailable once you started the timer. Don't know if it is a bug or what. Is this a feature you set out to do?
    Thanks for the bug report. Yes that was a bug.

Was busy last days so didn't checked on the code. Well updated !
    Guess will ask for reposity now.
    Good clean stuff... would love an integrated timer, that you can set a time, and use the reset button to bring it back to the time you set. Tired of needing 3 different stopwatch apps to get the functionality I'm after <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Welcome back! I thought you had gave up on it. This one install and works according to your design.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    One feature I have not seen in any timer apps is the capability to set varied intervals.
    For example, I do runs where I would do the following type of intervals:

1:00 run - 1:00 rest
    1:00 run - 50 sec rest
    1:00 run - 40 sec rest
    1:00 run - 10 sec rest
    1:00 run - 20 sec rest

I would envision a table that allows you to enter the different times and with four options for each row entry. I tried to layout an example of a table below:

Enter Time_______Enter Action to take at End of Interval Time
    ==============================================
    1:00_____________Options here are:
    _________________1. Go to next row
    _________________2. Repeat this row
    _________________3. Stop at end
    _________________4. Start over from beginning(run all the intervals again)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by public68 View Post
    One feature I have not seen in any timer apps is the capability to set varied intervals.
    For example, I do runs where I would do the following type of intervals:

1:00 run - 50 sec rest
    1:00 run - 40 sec rest
    1:00 run - 10 sec rest
    1:00 run - 20 sec rest

I would envision a table that allows you to enter the different times and with four options for each row entry. I tried to layout an example of a table below:

Enter Time_______Enter Action to take at End of Interval Time
    ==============================================
    1:00_____________Options here are:
    _________________1. Go to next row
    _________________2. Repeat this row
    _________________3. Stop at end
    _________________4. Start over from beginning(run all the intervals again)
    Yep I already thought about it. Somekind of interval training would be cool.
    Rightnow I'm about to implement to save trainings. Awfull tricky. Hope palm will make it easier some day. But I guess by the end of this week I'm finished with a new beta Version. After that I will develop the timer function into preStop. Thanks for all your comments and ideas. Helps me out !

Tank you!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I installed and it works pretty good. Is there any way to incorporate a timer into the app?
    Yes please..
    A straight forward 'countdown timer' would be highly appreciated. With an alarm sound loud enough to hear.. .
    Nice App. Any chance you could add an option to email all the lap info and final time? Ideally, just copy all the data into a new email, let the user manually add an address and any other commentary, and send it.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnickels View Post
    Nice App. Any chance you could add an option to email all the lap info and final time? Ideally, just copy all the data into a new email, let the user manually add an address and any other commentary, and send it.
    Yes good idea. Will see what I can do!

BTW new Version is out. Would be glad about some comments and perhaps spotting some bugs!

Sorry for the delay the last month. Was busy with studing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast