Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I second the countdown timer, only because I love your app but don't like having 2 separate watch type apps.

Maybe a separate scene people can go to from the top left dropdown?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    I second the countdown timer, only because I love your app but don't like having 2 separate watch type apps.

Maybe a separate scene people can go to from the top left dropdown?
    Working on it! You can expect a new version before x-mas !

Right now I'm working on sending the Trainings via Mail. Vibration will be already working in the next Version and perhaps lapping via headset button. Afterwards I'll plan making a new scene for the Timer app!

Thanks for the comment.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnickels View Post
    Nice App. Any chance you could add an option to email all the lap info and final time? Ideally, just copy all the data into a new email, let the user manually add an address and any other commentary, and send it.
    Function now included !

I would like to hear some comments for the new Version. I'm thinking about putting the Open and Save Buttons into the Menu. So they are not as easy to access but the Pixi could play around with this app again and when notifications come up there are also Problems on the Pre.
    The other sultution would be that I listen for any notifications and then "repaint" the window.

What you like?

Also the E-Mail Function. Do you want some more detail (like all Laps)?
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 12/12/2009 at 10:49 AM.
  4.    #24  
    Okay preStop has a build in Timer Application now!!

hello i have a cuestion, i`m having problems to install the app that i download. It tells me unauthorized call to open an ipk.
    what can i do
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by miquelus View Post
    hello i have a cuestion, i`m having problems to install the app that i download. It tells me unauthorized call to open an ipk.
    what can i do
    Well I'm not sure if I can help you! I think you need to post your question somewhere else.

Second if you ask such a question I need to know which App you downloaded? What tool did you use to install(Preware, Quickinstall)? If Quickinstall what OS did you use (Linux,Mac or Windows)? Have you even used a tool in order to install?
    I really like this app. My kids swim and being able to track and save the results is great, especially with the laps.
    2 suggestions:
    - when using the LAP timer, when the race ends, it does not record the 'stop' as the last Lap. Therefore the overall time is not recorded...unless i am missing something. In the meantime, i press LAP instead of STOP at the end of the race.
    - when a time is saved...can a field be added to add a description? the date is great but being able to add a little more info would be even better.
    Thanks again, this is awesome!!!
  8.    #28  
    Yeah the thing with the stop button is not cool I know. Will fix this in the next version. Right now I'm a bit busy with studing. Also exited about the new features that will come in the next WebOS Version. That's why I'm stuck at the moment. But you can expect a little update this week. Hopefully the timer is then in a better condition and giving trainings some names is a good idea I guess!

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to here some with the next version too!
    Hi,

I love this app. I use it for indoor running and it's been so helpful.

I've used a past version and updated this weekend. I regret updated to the new version because of a few major issues:
    1. the vibrate didn't work when i added a lap
    2. after saving my workout, and opening it to view my lap times, I couldn't see the lap times near the end of my workout (past lap 14 (>2 mi))
    3. (related to issue #2) when I scrolled down, the screen would turn white and the laps would be out of order and often repeated (i.e. 1,2,3,2,3,1,2). So I had to gesture back and reopen the workout but still couldn't see the later laps.

For me, the app could be improved in a couple of ways after you restore the features that were lost after updating.
    1.When I am running, I can't see the small writing (partly because i don't run with my glasses but mostly because the writing is really, really small). But there is a lot of information on the screen I don't need. The most important information is last lap time, best lap time, and total time. I don't need to see a long list of lap times until I am finished my run. So my recommendation is to display that info and leave the full list for viewing after saving.
    2. Ideally, I would like to record a lap using the volume keys on the side. It would feel a lot more natural. But if that's out of the question I would suggest making the lap button a bigger. It's a really important button for me.

Other than that, keep up the great work!!!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Yeah the thing with the stop button is not cool I know. Will fix this in the next version. Right now I'm a bit busy with studing. Also exited about the new features that will come in the next WebOS Version. That's why I'm stuck at the moment. But you can expect a little update this week. Hopefully the timer is then in a better condition and giving trainings some names is a good idea I guess!

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to here some with the next version too!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardlax View Post
    Hi,

1. the vibrate didn't work when i added a lap
    2. after saving my workout, and opening it to view my lap times, I couldn't see the lap times near the end of my workout (past lap 14 (>2 mi))
    3. (related to issue #2) when I scrolled down, the screen would turn white and the laps would be out of order and often repeated (i.e. 1,2,3,2,3,1,2). So I had to gesture back and reopen the workout but still couldn't see the later laps.
    1. Removed it because the vibrate future can cause ms faults. It simple takes to long to save the lap but in future version there will be an Options Page where you will be able to set some things. Vibrate will be included. I'm sorry for that but Palm is still not offering to set the duration of vibration to devs.
    2. and 3. Sound for me like a bug I can't recunstruct. Saved 20 Laps. Then open the workout and could see all the lap times. Do you still encounter the error?

To your improvments:

You hit some point! Really good ideas. I also have problems to read the Laps while running also the current Lap Time is missing. I'm thinking of a Fullscreen Scene where you will be able to jump in when you have started your training with just a Lap Button, Total Time/Lap Time and Number of Laps view. Would that fit your expectations?

Thank you very much for your feedback!
    2. and 3. Sound for me like a bug I can't recunstruct. Saved 20 Laps. Then open the workout and could see all the lap times. Do you still encounter the error?

To your improvments:

I'm thinking of a Fullscreen Scene where you will be able to jump in when you have started your training with just a Lap Button, Total Time/Lap Time and Number of Laps view. Would that fit your expectations?
    I have reinstalled and the bug seems to be fixed. I can't wait until the vibrate feature comes back. My laps are about a minute long so a ms here and there doesn't mean much. Also, what did you think of my volume key idea? Is it doable some time down the road.

Some additional suggestions:

Definitely making the important info more visible would be very helpful but instead of a whole other screen just have the laps displayed in descending order. This is a must because once I hit a few laps the screen is pretty well static for the rest of my run and all the information is buried down the list (and any touching of my pre I can avoid with my sweaty hands is a bonus). And if you could make the last lap info more visible than the rest, I think that would be the simplest way to solve the whole issue.

I know it has been pointed out already but I want to mention again when you push stop it should stop the timer AND add a lap.

Also, I would love for the email show my individual lap times. When I am finished my run, it would be amazing to know that a quick email to myself would save everything I just recorded FOREVER.

And another thing, it would also be cool to have an integrated music player (but I am just spit balling here - that idea might be a bit too out there for you).

That's it for now. Thanks again for the help with my training and I will keep sending you ideas as they come.
  12.    #32  
    I can't wait until the vibrate feature comes back. My laps are about a minute long so a ms here and there doesn't mean much. Also, what did you think of my volume key idea? Is it doable some time down the road.
    Don't worry vibration will come back. I hope that they fixed the vibration duration in WebOS 1.4. If not I will just push an update for vibration again .
    Yes I had the Idea not with the Volume Keys but with the Headset Button. Problem with the Volume Keys is, that you can't stop the Pre from adjusting the System Volume right away.

Some additional suggestions:

Definitely making the important info more visible would be very helpful but instead of a whole other screen just have the laps displayed in descending order. This is a must because once I hit a few laps the screen is pretty well static for the rest of my run and all the information is buried down the list (and any touching of my pre I can avoid with my sweaty hands is a bonus). And if you could make the last lap info more visible than the rest, I think that would be the simplest way to solve the whole issue.
    It seems you havn't tried the sort button yet? It will display your laps in a descending order. Perhaps I should set descending order by default?
    I will think about your Idea with having the last Lap info more visible then the rest. Problem is for trainers it makes not much scenes. Perhaps I will implement a running mode and a trainer mode?

I know it has been pointed out already but I want to mention again when you push stop it should stop the timer AND add a lap.

Also, I would love for the email show my individual lap times. When I am finished my run, it would be amazing to know that a quick email to myself would save everything I just recorded FOREVER.

And another thing, it would also be cool to have an integrated music player (but I am just spit balling here - that idea might be a bit too out there for you).
    Jep the Stop Button thing will be fixed in the new Version. For me I like the Idea of not having to Push the Stop Button because I never know when my Last lap ist. Sometimes I just break up in the middle of a lap. Then I have a false time if the Stop Button would save it as a Lap. That's why I never implemented that future. But will come with the Optionspage .

Full Mail future is on the Top of the todo List!

The integrated music player... I might think about it. It isn't that difficult since Palm provides all the API you need for a thing like this.
    It seems you havn't tried the sort button yet? It will display your laps in a descending order. [/B] Perhaps I should set descending order by default?
    I feel like such an ***** for not figuring out the sort button. I thought it organized the laps from fastest to slowest. Maybe renaming the button 'reorder' would make more sense but it's not a big deal - I doubt many other people would make the same mistake I did. But I still think having the laps in descending order makes the most sense (but not necessary since you are again one step ahead of me).

Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    This seems like a great app, but like all the other timers it's missing the interval functionality like the "GymBoss" for iPhone. Is it possible to add interval functionallity to this app? Say I want to run in place for 30sec then rest for 10sec and I want to do this for 8rounds, an interval timer would beep for every interval and at the end of the last round it would have a prolonged distinct beep.
    Check out these sites:

youtube.com/watch?v=XDl59Y-QMlE

youtube.com/watch?v=wvz0NqZ6_kU
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamodem View Post
    This seems like a great app, but like all the other timers it's missing the interval functionality like the "GymBoss" for iPhone. Is it possible to add interval functionallity to this app? Say I want to run in place for 30sec then rest for 10sec and I want to do this for 8rounds, an interval timer would beep for every interval and at the end of the last round it would have a prolonged distinct beep.
    Wait one week for it then I'm done studing and have a lot of time. I planning to make a App Catalog Version for money and an always free for preCentral. Interval Training will be implemented. Also need this for my training !
  16.    #36  
    @Adamodem: Okay I just build a new App called preGym. Works like GymBoss. Hope the Moderators will approve it soon. Then you can download via Preware and Co from precentral feed.
    This timer would be much more functional for me if the space bar were mapped to the lap button. When timing a race you are watching the line, not your phone, and I find it hard to hover your thumb over the correct spot on the touch screen when things get exciting and everyone is screaming. The beauty of the Pre is its REAL keyboard. This app would be perfect if this suggestion could be incorporated. Great work so far!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_o View Post
    This timer would be much more functional for me if the space bar were mapped to the lap button. When timing a race you are watching the line, not your phone, and I find it hard to hover your thumb over the correct spot on the touch screen when things get exciting and everyone is screaming. The beauty of the Pre is its REAL keyboard. This app would be perfect if this suggestion could be incorporated. Great work so far!
    Good Idea! Will work on that. Thanks!

I also want to note that you are now able to download the updated preStop from the App Catalog for free. It's now called Titan Stopwatch since 'pre' is not allowed to be in the Apps name. I'm sorry that I needed that much time to responed. Things are a bit fast at the moment. Almost have no time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12