Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Using Jason's move folder swap as a starting point. I really don't like using menus so I moved my High Priority and discard message to the bottom of my email next to the send and attachment icon.

Pressing the exclamation mark toggles between high priority on and off. The trash can discards the message.

Screen shots included.
    Posted on wiki. Tried to create patch but I don't think I did it right, I kept getting an Error 5, when I used Webos QI to install. I will leave the patch creation to the guru's.

Edit:Moved trash can first and priority icon next to send. That works better for me.

wiki http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...iscard_Message
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/31/2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added wiki
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I like it! Hoping for a patch soon!
  3.    #3  
    Trying to figure out how to make a patch
  4.    #5  
    I tried that one and it created a patch but i don't think i had the file in the right location that is where I got the error message from.
  5.    #6  
    It is on Preware Add Priority Discard btns now! Thanks to dbSooner!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It is on Preware Add Priority Discard btns now! Thanks to dbSooner!
    Already downloaded it, looks good.

One thing, you may want to have the button open a dialog box making sure you want to delete it. I can imagine myself typing out a long email and accidentally pressing the delete button.
  7.    #8  
    Good suggestion, I will look into incorporating that into the patch, my skills are very limited so any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Good suggestion, I will look into incorporating that into the patch, my skills are very limited so any help is appreciated.
    If you send me the file (the assistant.jsjsjs) $I$ $can$ $add$ $it$ $in$. $It$ $should$ $be$ $pretty$ $simple$.
  9.    #10  
    I know we can't post the actual files online. Can you modify the file that you changed when you applied the patch?
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/01/2009 at 05:13 PM.
  10.    #11  
    Updated to include the confirmation when you click the discard button. Special Thanks to Tibfib for his suggestion to make it a confirmation in case someone clicked the button in the middle of a long email accidentally, and for making the additions to the file.

Updated patch has been submitted to Preware and the wiki has been updated.
    Set Email as High Priority & Discard Message - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Love this patch. Great idea... I can see the need for the confirmation, but personally prefer the original no confirmation version. I reserve the right to change my mind after the first time I accidentally kill a long winded response I've just typed up...
    I downloaded the patch from here last night and now its gone. Where can I download the update for this patch?
  13.    #14  
    Here it is
    Add icons... add discard confirmation

Thanks to Tibfib for adding the confirmation message before discarding. That came in real useful today.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/05/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I get an error in email patch when I try to install via Preware.

patching file compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    hund #4 FAILED at 187.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    I get an error in email patch when I try to install via Preware.

patching file compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    hund #4 FAILED at 187.
    I uninstalled the old patch of this, then when I went to re-install this new version I too get the same error. I just SSH'd in and removed the "compose-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$ $and$ $replaced$ $it$ $with$ $the$ &$quot$;$compose$-$assistant$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $file$. $This$ $appeared$ $to$ $break$ $my$ $Landscape$ $Email$ $patch$, $in$ $that$ $when$ $I$ $was$ $composing$ $a$ $new$ $email$ $it$ $would$ $no$ $longer$ $go$ $to$ $landscape$. $However$, $after$ $installing$ $the$ $updated$ $Email$ $as$ $High$ $Priority$ $and$ $Discard$ $Message$ $patch$, $all$ $is$ $well$ $with$ $both$. $Landscape$ $works$ $all$ $around$ $again$, $even$ $when$ $composing$ $a$ $message$, $and$ $the$ $new$ $high$ $priority$ $and$ $trash$ $icons$ $are$ $there$. $I$ $even$ $get$ $the$ $confirmation$ $for$ $discarding$ $the$ $message$....

Don't know what exactly is going on, but this is how I got around the problem. Hope it helps....
  16.    #17  
    The patch has been updated. The preware update patch has been sent in as well. Discovered that commenting out the menu items made the animation stop confirming email delivery.
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/05/2009 at 10:33 PM.
    I installed this patch using preware yesterday. worked great. today I saw in preware there was an update. It said I had to uninstall the patch and then install it. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and zi got an error. I did it again this time restarting the device (orangekey-symbol-r) and tried to install and again got the same error.

Can anyone help me? This is a really great p[atch and I want to use it but I do not now how t get it back on my Pre. I wish I had not taken it off!
  18.    #19  
    I am working on an update now. Trying to get rid of the error everyone is getting.

Edit: It is fixed now. Will resubmit to Preware will also attach here.
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/05/2009 at 10:43 PM.
  19.    #20  
    delete and send button swapped. per maxima2k53's request
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/05/2009 at 10:57 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast