Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    new app version 1.6.7 but no changelog here and no mention on which webos version it will run (if at all) : Pre Backup Utility | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Can the author please supply some information.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    new app version 1.6.7 but no changelog here and no mention on which webos version it will run (if at all) : Pre Backup Utility | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Can the author please supply some information.
    That tool doesn't work, and the author has been missing for over a year.

Don't use it. It should be pulled from the PreCentral repository.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This type of application is sorely missing and there is such a demand for it....

Out of curiosity, why hasn't anyone developed something like this yet? Is there something inherent to webOS that makes it difficult? I just find it hard to believe that a webOS device has less functionality (in terms of backup/restores) than the old school Palm devices...
    Bump!

I was looking at webOS Internals and the page for a backup utility directs here: Running bash/sh scripts from a webos app (which is past halfway of this 25 page thread)

I don't have time to read it all and lack the background to understand the technical bits, but skimming indicates that maybe the app kind of worked or maybe had issues. It has now been abandoned. From the dates, I'd guess that it was for webOS 1x

Could it be fixed up to work? Maybe for webOS 2x also? Perhaps the app code will be worth a look: Pre Backup Utility | webOS Nation (from what I've read, don't use this without reading the thread to understand any issues)

Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425