1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is a newbie quiestion. On my iPod Touch when I jailbroke it and I SSH'd into it the files where not locked or restricted. So I have not run into this before. How do you change the file restrictions so that I can move, copy, delete files through SSH? If I try by right clicking it doesnt take, it will just revert back
    The file system is mounted read-only, so the first thing to do is re-mount it read-write.

From a ssh prompt,
    Code:
    sudo -i
    mount / -o remount,rw
    From here you may need to use the unix chmod command to grant access to non-root users to certain files.

When finished, make sure you remount the file system read-only again, or reboot which always does that too.

Code:
    mount / -o remount,ro
  3.    #3  
    thanks, i will give this a shot
  4.    #4  
    it kept returning with errors if I tried to enter the code.
    it would be nice if someone could make a patch that would release the permissions so that you wouldnt have to enter the code every time. I transfer files to my phone alot. I was just thinking it would be easier to do it through SSH so I wouldn't have to plug in my phone every time
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    If you're using WinSCP on the PC side try setting the File Protocal to SFTP and pasting the following line into the SFTP server field in the Environment/SFTP settings dialog.

sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server