1.    #1  
    This morning my Pre's battery started draining and the phone got so hot I thought it would burn a hole in my pocket.
    I would have loved to run "top" or "ps" to see what was running, but I was nowhere near a PC to plug it in. I rebooted the phone and it was ok. This is not the first time it happened.

I did a search for "Palm Pre Linux Shell" and I get things like rubberized shell cases for the Pre.

Is there a "terminal window running sh, csh, or bash into the phone's OS app"?
    Quote Originally Posted by quarterlife View Post
    This morning my Pre's battery started draining and the phone got so hot I thought it would burn a hole in my pocket.
    I would have loved to run "top" or "ps" to see what was running, but I was nowhere near a PC to plug it in. I rebooted the phone and it was ok. This is not the first time it happened.

I did a search for "Palm Pre Linux Shell" and I get things like rubberized shell cases for the Pre.

Is there a "terminal window running sh, csh, or bash into the phone's OS app"?
    Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  3.    #3  
    Still not working.
    After installing Preware, and trying to run "Terminal", it pops up this statement:
    "Termplugin is not installed. This app is unusable without it."

I installed the Preware a while ago (1 week). Could it be that I have an older version?
    see if the terminal service is available as one of the packages that is listed as being available to install. I thought Preware was supposed to install dependencies like that, but something could have went wrong.

Did you restart the phone or luna after installing?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You can install both the terminal service plugin, and the application from preware. You must reboot the phone for the service to start running. Once you do this, you will have the terminal you seek on your phone.

You will find them under utilities on the webos-internals feed.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by quarterlife View Post
    Still not working.
    After installing Preware, and trying to run "Terminal", it pops up this statement:
    "Termplugin is not installed. This app is unusable without it."

I installed the Preware a while ago (1 week). Could it be that I have an older version?
    yes

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  7.    #7  
    Arrgh! I tried updating and rebooting. Finally, I removed the Terminal Application AND the Terminal Service Plugin. Then reinstalled both of them and now its working great!
    Thanks everybody for your help!
    Last edited by quarterlife; 11/03/2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: wanted to be more specific