1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there was a way, just like the patch that defaults calendar to month view, if we could default the email to open to the all inboxes folder?
    Do you want something more than setting the "All Inboxes" to On in Email-Preferences and Accounts? It seems to work when I tested it.

I would hope that they add the feature to have notifications when email is skipped from the Inbox and Labeled, which is how I had my Gmail set up until I found it didn't work on the Pre. So I had to disable skipping the Inbox on my 9 email accounts.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah when I hit my email icon in quick launcher I want it to open directly to ALL inboxes. not the main email page where all of my accounts and different folders are shown.
    I was just wanting to skip a step in opening my email. I always go directly to the all inboxes folder. I just figured it would make my life a half a second simpler
    omg yes please. Also something that has been bothering me is the following:

I always leave my email app open with multiple accounts, and I try to leave it in all inboxes, so when i get an email, I can quickly back out to all my messages after I delete or swipe back.

However.....If I click the email notification when a new message arrives, I read the message, delete or swipe back, it goes back to THAT inbox. is there any way to default it to always go back to the all inboxes tab?

The email app is slow enough that these extra swipes and taps are kinda bothersome.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    another vote for a patch to default to all inbox when email app is launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    I always leave my email app open with multiple accounts, and I try to leave it in all inboxes, so when i get an email, I can quickly back out to all my messages after I delete or swipe back.

However.....If I click the email notification when a new message arrives, I read the message, delete or swipe back, it goes back to THAT inbox. is there any way to default it to always go back to the all inboxes tab?
    I don't know about the original idea, I like that it goes to the folder selection screen when I open the program, but I agree entirely on this part. Also, if I tap the left part of the notification (either the envelope or the Google icon), then it goes to the specific inbox. I'd prefer that went to All Inboxes as well. I took a look at the code and couldn't figure it out myself though.
  7.    #7  
    bump
  8.    #8  
    so is this possible?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'd like this too.