1.    #1  
    This recently started happening.. I believe after the last update.

When I try to install certain patches whether through Preware or the WebOs Quick Installer

here is what it is saying in red "offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst"

any ideas what i should do? I havent tried WebOs Doctor yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    no help eh :/
    give us a bit.

None of the patch developers have ever seen this.

also, can you send the log file to oil or Rod or someone at webos-internals?

Also, you might get more attention posting this in the preware thread, or in the webos-internals forum.

You might pm user oil and point him to your post as well.

Rick
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I also getting the same error when trying to download 4x4 v3 Icons, so I tried v2 and also the same error message OFFLINE ROOT MODE, interesting enough, I had no problems yesterday.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    make sure that your Pre has the latest WebOS 1.2.1 this had fixed the issue I had today regarding the OFFLINE ROOT MODE when installing patches.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Make sure you are running the latest package manager service and preware too.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    offline root is not an error, scroll down and find the real "errors" in green.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  8.    #8  
    I'll post the log in the proper section when I wake up. Sorry for sounding ansty.
    I'm walkin home right now so I cant do it. Where do I find the log section?
    Had also had the same errore until:

Well I think the problem I had was the Europe Edition of the palm pre. Restored with WebOS Doctor to the Sprint Edition every Patch worked fine but no support of the german language .