1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to add gif. to the palm pre? I recieve a lot of picture mail that has animation and I can not view the pictures moving unless I go online to my picture mail account and that is so fustrating to do.
    palm pre is not working with animated pictures yet....maybe when they update flash, that could be possible.!
  3.    #3  
    I hope so who I can I talk to to push the issue?
    I believe Chuck Norris should be able to get that done for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sxynette68 View Post
    I hope so who I can I talk to to push the issue?
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...mated-gif.html
    that's not an issue pre don't support that kind of pictures!
    It's sad. Palm stated that WebOS would support animated GIF in their released specs, but apparently it wasn't implemented. I believe only Palm could provide animated gif support. I really want some animated emoticons...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    It def should play gif since the OS is pretty much a web browser and the browser supports it.. probably not hard to fix this
    I know the OS supports gifs. I have a friend who's AIM icon is a gif. Animates perfectly in the Contacts app and the Messaging app.

The OS can support it. They just need to enable it in the browser...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I believe Chuck Norris should be able to get that done for you.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...mated-gif.html
    Definitly. Well put.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Yup a bit annoyed that my first smarthpone can't do gif's, but my dumbphones always could.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I know the OS supports gifs. I have a friend who's AIM icon is a gif. Animates perfectly in the Contacts app and the Messaging app.

The OS can support it. They just need to enable it in the browser...
    Wait....

and animated gif is playing in the messaging app?

So we could look at the code for the avatar in the messaging app and use that to call animated gifs elsewhere in Mojo?

just need to know what they did.
    Yup. I would validate it but I don't have a video camera... well... on my laptop, but I honestly don't care enough. I'm sure you can believe me. If not, set up an AIM account with a gif as your image and add yourself to your buddy list.

It works for sure.
    We really need to get this figured out.
    There has to be a way to get the animated gif's to be viewed in the messaging app.

Anyone plan on working on this????
    I have a reply from palm that animated gifs do not work in the current version of the browser, that is is scheduled to be fixed, but that they SHOULD work in aps. (and apparently do in some apps.)

Rick
    I have a reply from palm that animated gifs do not work in the current version of the browser, that is is scheduled to be fixed, but that they SHOULD work in aps. (and apparently do in some apps.)
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Scheduled to be fixed. If that is the official answer from Palm with a possibility of a near future downloadable update of the browser... Then I am happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Wait....

and animated gif is playing in the messaging app?

So we could look at the code for the avatar in the messaging app and use that to call animated gifs elsewhere in Mojo?

just need to know what they did.
    Yep, same here, it even works in the dailer.
    my old samsung 610 from 5 years ago let me use gifs for my wallpaper,was really cool having animated gifs as wallpaper,5 years later,modern tech cant seem to do it,how odd