1.    #1  
    it would be awesome awesome awesome if there was a bittorrent app for webos. I used some on my old winmo phone so I know it can be done on a mobile platform. Thanks!
    why would it be so awesome........ i don't get it. it's much faster and esaier to use a laptop or desktop. pluse you won't be risking getting your acct tagged for excesive downloads
    Hopefully he means over wifi. Bittorrent can throttle my 14mbps connection, I can only image what it would do bandwidth over evdo.
    Someone already got this working in homebrew. Search for it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I wouldn't see the point for an actual bittorrent application, but one that syncs to your desktop would be cool.

For instance, if you open a torrent file it'll simply send it to your desktop and begin downloading automatically, so if you think of something while your out....

Or, once the sdk is updated, you take a picture of a upc (I bet it's possible even with our lack of micro), which would then query for the product and begin downloading it if possible.

...like to make a backup of a dvd by downloading it, just take a picture of the upc, and boom, next day you have a backup and don't have to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I wouldn't see the point for an actual bittorrent application, but one that syncs to your desktop would be cool.

For instance, if you open a torrent file it'll simply send it to your desktop and begin downloading automatically, so if you think of something while your out....

Or, once the sdk is updated, you take a picture of a upc (I bet it's possible even with our lack of micro), which would then query for the product and begin downloading it if possible.

...like to make a backup of a dvd by downloading it, just take a picture of the upc, and boom, next day you have a backup and don't have to worry about it.
    well whenever i think of something i need to download that is a big file. like a movie. i just run remotewin on my pre and have my home desktop do the work. which in reality does a much faster job than just have the pre to download it.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach View Post
    well whenever i think of something i need to download that is a big file. like a movie. i just run remotewin on my pre and have my home desktop do the work. which in reality does a much faster job than just have the pre to download it.
    well... I didn't mean for the pre to download it, but the .torrent file, which then sends it to the desktop to do the real downloading...

I'm not a fan of remotewin so I wouldn't take your approach.
    +1

Real Bit Torrent client would be cool. Even if it was just wifi only.
    If the web interface on the utorrent client worked on Pre it would be perfect. I use it all the time remotely.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Now that the PDK/ C access is here, is s real bittorrent program possible? any that can be ported over from Linux?
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Now that the PDK/ C access is here, is s real bittorrent program possible? any that can be ported over from Linux?
    Yes... But why? not only would that heat up the phone more then you would ever want it, but it would be slow. Why not just use torrent remote or webui utorrent app which allows you to add torrents to your desktop utorrent client.
    If you use uTorrent, you can set a folder for torrents which when a torrent is placed there it will automatically start downloading.
    What I have done is set that folder for uTorrent on my Zumo Drive. I can now browse for a torrent on my pre, download it and add it to the folder on my Zumo Drive.
    uTorrent now reads this on my home machine and torrent starts downloading ready for me to get home and enjoy.
    There are already 2 uTorrent webUI client apps available for download. One is $2.99 and one is free.

I use the free version and it works very well.
    Are you referring to WebUI for webOS?

I have it on mine and spent several days trying to get it working. It just won't connect, and just found out it seems it doesn't like long user names or symbols in passwords.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Torrent Remote is much better than WebUI. You can pause, add, and delete torrents. It also has a built in search for ISO Hunt, but you can paste any .torrent link from the browser.

It is simple yet very powerful. I love it. Probably my favorite app on my Pre.

I believe webUI is just a viewer.
    uTorrent is pretty feature limited (for my needs anyway). It's light and fast and does the basics, but Azureus / Vuze is the one for OCD tinkerers like me It's also got a very well established set of plug-ins. There's several different web based interfaces and the "XML Over HTTP" plug-in (an XML based API for controlling it remotely) which works pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Torrent Remote is much better than WebUI. You can pause, add, and delete torrents. It also has a built in search for ISO Hunt, but you can paste any .torrent link from the browser.

It is simple yet very powerful. I love it. Probably my favorite app on my Pre.

I believe webUI is just a viewer.
    WebUI now has these features as well. There have been several version updates over the past week.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    WebUI now has these features as well. There have been several version updates over the past week.
    Thanks I will give it a try. Does it display the status in real time or do you have to refresh manually like in Torrent Remote?
    Refresh manually.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers