Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I installed the AVATAR IN MESSAGING PATCH but dont know how to add my avatar. Im really not a tech or computer guy so if someone could please help me on how too add my avatar i would be extremly grateful. Oh and if this ? has been asked sorry im a noob and didnt find anthing using search
    You have to copy the avatar to a folder in your Pre. To do this you ether have to root into your Pre or use the Internalz app.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Ensure you save the name of the file as 'my-avatar.png'. Additionally, it must be a PNG type file, as opposed to JPG, GIF, etc.

You don't necessarily require root access. You can simply access the Pre via the USB cable, in USB mode and place the file in the main folder or one of the sub-folders. The patch should be able to locate the image, based on the filename.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Thx for your help guys. This is too much for me to do lol so I guess I will just be uninstalling this patch. I really wish Palm would just make these features available right outta the box especially for people who arent tech savvy like me

THX for ur help nonetheless its greatly appreciated
    The patch was updated now all you have to do is put the pic in the disk drive folder.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    if you post up the picture you want to use as your avatar, I'll resize it, rename it and save it in the proper format so all you have to do is save the picture to your desktop, plug in your pre to your computer, hit "USB mode" on your pre. Then open up your pre folder on your computer and drag the file into it. Its not hard at all, dont let this shy you away, dont be scared to get your feet wet, everything is reversible worst case scenario if you managed to screw something up.
  7. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    And you can't really screw anything up by just accessing the usb drive.