Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm on a recently reset and repatched Pre and the files the patch is attempting to modify are untouched. However, it keeps saying "patch failed Hunk #1 at 30".

Help?
    hey this is the error that im getting too i uninstalled the one from the forum when i saw the one in peware and tried to install it through preware and its a no go can anyone help here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Problem was dos mode <CR> in the patch. Fixed in v1.2.1-11 which should be in feed now, update feeds.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    ok thanks but i just updated feeds great works good now thanks!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    emoney can you help me here ? i cant pull up online repository on web os and i dont understand why, it just says "error reading package list "and thats it?????????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    bump
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks for the quick fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    emoney can you help me here ? i cant pull up online repository on web os and i dont understand why, it just says "error reading package list "and thats it?????????

Sorry I do not know the inner workings of Quick Install, you'd have to ask Jason.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I'm getting an ipkg error whe i try and intstall.... anyone else???
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I'm getting an ipkg error whe i try and intstall.... anyone else???
    what error? what does the ipkg log say?
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    what error? what does the ipkg log say?

Here's a screenshot...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    looks to me like you had the patch installed before or tried to install it before and maybe abort'd
    so what do i do?
    works fine here

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    so what do i do?
    I had a similar problem with a different patch. The solution was to remove the .patch file from this directory:

/var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I had a similar problem with a different patch. The solution was to remove the .patch file from this directory:

/var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches
    WARNING: Touching anything in this directory could break the underlying Patching infrastructure and cause unforeseen issues with patch installation/removal

Please do not touch anything in that directory unless you know what you are doing. This will also do NOTHING to resolve the current issue. You may break patching technology and cause unforeseen issues if you manually touch anything in this directory. The contents of this directory are imperative to the correct operations of the underlying patch technology.

That being said the above poster's issue seems to be an already applied patch with missing ipkg information. Did you remove this package before? If so with what tool? have you run partial/full erase? Use the repair utility to recover the /etc/palm/luna.conf file and then try to install again.

-Eric G

Donate
    But what can you do as a last resort, when the patch is not actually there, but Preware thinks it is?
    But what can you do as a last resort, when the patch is not actually there, but Preware thinks it is?
    Well Preware seeing it is as installed has NOTHING to do with the patch control area (which is the directory you listed). The upcoming upgrade to the patch technology will be smarter and work in situations like this. But for now, the supported way to recover from odd/unsupported situations like that is EPR.

There are CLI ways to remove the ipkg data but I would not instruct users to do that in a public forum. You would want to verify the patch is indeed removed before doing this as well.

-Eric G

Donate
    Well, in the case I alluded to, I'd already used EPR to no avail. And, if as you say, this will not solve the problem, why then was Preware able to install the patch successfully only after I'd deleted this file?
    Well, in the case I alluded to, I'd already used EPR to no avail. And, if as you say, this will not solve the problem, why then was Preware able to install the patch successfully only after I'd deleted this file?

Because you somehow found yourself in a very odd situation in which the patch was unapplied, the package was removed but the saved patch file in the patch control area was not removed. Preware couldn't install it because the AutoPatch Technology logic in the postinst returned an error code due to that file existing. I am guessing that you removed the patch and package outside the scope of AutoPatch Tehnology somehow. Either this or your first attempt to install this package somehow got all the way to applying the patch but a write error occurred, leaving the patch file but failing in a way that I have not seen before. Your specific situation is probably the most rare and the first I've heard of it.

Also the postinst in EPR will remove the entire directory that you listed without questions. So unless whatever installer you used didn't run the postinst EPR should always remove this directory.

-Eric G

Donate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast