Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Because you somehow found yourself in a very odd situation in which the patch was unapplied, the package was removed but the saved patch file in the patch control area was not removed. Preware couldn't install it because the AutoPatch Technology logic in the postinst returned an error code due to that file existing. I am guessing that you removed the patch and package outside the scope of AutoPatch Tehnology somehow. Either this or your first attempt to install this package somehow got all the way to applying the patch but a write error occurred, leaving the patch file but failing in a way that I have not seen before. Your specific situation is probably the most rare and the first I've heard of it.

Also the postinst in EPR will remove the entire directory that you listed without questions. So unless whatever installer you used didn't run the postinst EPR should always remove this directory.
    OK, thanks for the information, Eric.

I guess anything's possible. I almost always use the autopatch system, but in this case it's possible I installed the patch directly through WOSQI. I can't remember exactly the steps I took that would have caused this situation, and hopefully other people won't recapitulate those steps very often. There was at least one other person using the same patch who encountered the same problem and fixed it in a similar way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    OK, thanks for the information, Eric.

I guess anything's possible. I almost always use the autopatch system, but in this case it's possible I installed the patch directly through WOSQI. I can't remember exactly the steps I took that would have caused this situation, and hopefully other people won't recapitulate those steps very often. There was at least one other person using the same patch who encountered the same problem and fixed it in a similar way.

If you can ever reproduce it I would love to know about it. Note that using WOSQI should still be fine as it should be grabbing the same package from the webos-patches feed. If it happens because of a bug somewhere in the logic but only happens on rare occasion I would love to be able to fix it before the upgrade is released.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12