Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    So far WebOS is sorely lacking on medical apps. I have no development training in any OS, but in an effort to add more to the Palm catalog, I emailed the developer of an app called iMurmur. It is a top 10 iPhone app. I requested Michael "Fuj" Fuijnaka to port his program into WebOS. He stated that Apple had him develop the program in its own variant of Objective C, which made iMurmur very difficult to reprogram in WebOS. He is willing to help if anyone in the Palm community knows how to make the conversion.

Thoughts?
    brian (10 yr Palm user, but no clue on writing code)
    I know a bit about programming, and I am pretty sure that you can't do a conversion from objective C to java script (at least not directly). They are two very different languages(compiled vs. scripted). However, depending on what iMurmur actually does, it is entirely possible that an equivalent app could be written for webos. As long as iMurmur doesn't take advantage of any iPhone specific features, an equivalent could probably be made.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    So far WebOS is sorely lacking on medical apps. I have no development training in any OS, but in an effort to add more to the Palm catalog, I emailed the developer of an app called iMurmur. It is a top 10 iPhone app. I requested Michael "Fuj" Fuijnaka to port his program into WebOS. He stated that Apple had him develop the program in its own variant of Objective C, which made iMurmur very difficult to reprogram in WebOS. He is willing to help if anyone in the Palm community knows how to make the conversion.

Thoughts?
    brian (10 yr Palm user, but no clue on writing code)
    What does iMurmur do?
  4. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The author would need to rewrite most of his code, though I'm not sure I'd call it an overly impossible task
    Seems like the main purpose is to play sounds of various heart conditions on command. If that's the case, it sounds like a variation on the fart application.
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Seems like the main purpose is to play sounds of various heart conditions on command. If that's the case, it sounds like a variation on the fart application.
    LOL x2