1.    #1  
    Right now the only app that I use most is P2Dialer (mad props I tell ya) then again that doesnt separate me from the netbook. My little accomplice needs some breathing space. I have to dial the nbr on my pre... Recieve a call back on my netbook using Gizmo5 client or Express Talk. Keep in mind there is a Pocket Version of Express Talk for the Winmo phones. I hope that doesn't count as advantage over the pre just because! And I have a non activated Palm Treo 850 with wifi builtin, If I use pocket express talk on the winmo and tether it to the pre with's Aonic's Mytether app will that look silly or what? I rather the pre do it all than compared to having 2 devices at hand. What do you think guys, can we make it happen?

3 Stupid Questions..

1) If the pre was designed to multi-task, shouldn't it let you voip while you're browsing the internet both over EvDo?

2) If the pre was designed to multi-task, shouldn't it even let you make and recieve voice calls while you're playing a multiplayer board game over Evdo with your buddies?
    note: This was tried and seen in action when I was using wifi but the EvDo is not possible!

Just going thru the download page hoping I might find a perfect hack for my pre's needs.. Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Download - Lunix

My last question..
    3) So the pre is a linux device by itself. Can you employ one of these desktop packages as a working app for the pre? They did it with Dropbear, and Optware, and a number of linux desktop apps ported into the pre. What about Gizmo?

FYI I'm on the phone within Wifi coverage all the time. Some of the bystanders I see everyday either same person or different ones just talk like meter runs like water. There is a mobile version Gizmo5 client for lower end phones that use J2ME, symbian phones and WinMo phones.. there isn't one for the pre just yet.

If that doesn't give you enough reasons to consider and want this to happen.. check out this tutorial.. Google + Gizmo5 = Free calls!!! Introducing Gizmo Voice (GizmoVoice)
    That's right only 2 cents per min you do the math or $10 can get you 500 anytime outbound calling minutes if you're doing over evdo or wifi.

Until then, I'm being tethered to my netbook and the pre (and i'm starting to wear out or getting tired of doing that right now) .

Voxaphone a pretty cool app but I couldn't get it to work with gizmo5 or other providers. Obviously Voxaphone is pretty much aimed at the market for cheap international calling.

I'm looking for true voip client that let's you make calls without need for call back plus bluetooth capability for the hands free option.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post

3 Stupid Questions..

1) If the pre was designed to multi-task, shouldn't it let you voip while you're browsing the internet both over EvDo?
    If you are referring to any google voice dialer, GV it is NOT a VOIP service.

2) If the pre was designed to multi-task, shouldn't it even let you make and recieve voice calls while you're playing a multiplayer board game over Evdo with your buddies?
    note: This was tried and seen in action when I was using wifi but the EvDo is not possible!

Just going thru the download page hoping I might find a perfect hack for my pre's needs.. Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Download - Lunix
    This is a Sprint limitation, not the Pre. (Might be a CDMA thing, but technically it should be possible).

FYI I'm on the phone within Wifi coverage all the time. Some of the bystanders I see everyday either same person or different ones just talk like meter runs like water.
    Who cares...let them. You have AnyMobile. So as long as you are not roaming, your calls to another mobile number are unlimited/free on Sprint. Using the cell radio is far more battery efficient and better call quality than trying to do VOIP on WiFi or 3G.

That's right only 2 cents per min you do the math or $10 can get you 500 anytime outbound calling minutes if you're doing over evdo or wifi.
    See my comment above.

Until then, I'm being tethered to my netbook and the pre (and i'm starting to wear out or getting tired of doing that right now) .
    Go get a data card. Sprint did not intend to have the Pre with a PAM option...yet.
    Voxaphone a pretty cool app but I couldn't get it to work with gizmo5 or other providers. Obviously Voxaphone is pretty much aimed at the market for cheap international calling.

I'm looking for true voip client that let's you make calls without need for call back plus bluetooth capability for the hands free option.
    There is a VOIP service that works on the Pre. Can't remeber what it's called. It was on the precentral front page a wile back. Search for voip tags on the Precentral articles. It might have been Voxaphone.
  3. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    There is a VOIP service that works on the Pre. Can't remeber what it's called. It was on the precentral front page a wile back. Search for voip tags on the Precentral articles. It might have been Voxaphone.
    Yeah, afaikafaikafaik.