Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    i would like an app or patch that would allow you to record calls that would be awesome anyone else?
    that's not even legal in some states unless all parties to the call consent.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    well in about 38 states its legal Summary of Consent Requirements for Taping Telephone Conversations

but I guess that makes it hard to dol
  4. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Just check via the phone number if it's in a legal state. (Or use GPS)
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    It's up to the user to not use it illegally, not the developer. Win Mo and Blackberry have had this for forever. I think what's preventing it for us is the lack of microphone access in the SDK. Another app that we're forced to wait for Palm to catch up on.
    this is a pretty interesting idea, not real sure how easy it woudl be to do this.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    my google voice does this plus it is a gray area legalwise. Generally I think there is a general "you the user take responsibility to inform other parties" type disclaimer with things like that. And in some states you dont even need the disclaimer.

Its more a court issue I think.
    As of right now, we do not have access to the microphone as developer's. Nor do we have access to the camera, and some other things. As soon as Palm opens these up, the development community will get on this and other cool things.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    As of right now, we do not have access to the microphone as developer's. Nor do we have access to the camera, and some other things. As soon as Palm opens these up, the development community will get on this and other cool things.
    Off topic, but what camera access is missing? From what I can tell, dev's have access to it.
    a combo app that can record either basic audio from the mic as well as recording phone convos, that would be sweeet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    a combo app that can record either basic audio from the mic as well as recording phone convos, that would be sweeet!!
    PalmOS had a program called CallRec which did both
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Er, we don't have OFFICIAL SDK access to the microphone. Technically the gst alsasrc element can grab microphone input, but I'm not sure it can record sound (aka the other side of the convo). This would be interesting to play around with. It would really depend on how the actual incoming sound works in relation to pulse-audio / alsa. I think someone more familiar with the audio framework of the phone would have more info (maybe the guys that work on the MediaServer stuff, like the music app). This really might be feasable tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Off topic, but what camera access is missing? From what I can tell, dev's have access to it.
    You can take a picture within an application, but that's it. You don't get direct access to the camera for video, for things like the old Treo game Arcade Reality, etc.