1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I just wanted to say Thank you to all the wonderful support here.

I just wanted to post here because I got acknowledgment for my recently released app (RIPTA).

The RIPTA app was just something I made for myself (primarily) because of the fact that I don't have a car with me in College. I decided to release it to HomeBrew, just because.

Ofcourse, RI is a relatively small state so the percentage of people here from RI is quite small. Still, I decided to release the app anyway, for the two or three people who may benefit.

After releasing, I decided to let RIPTA (Rhode Island Public Transit Authority, for those who were wondering) know that I have made the app and if they wanted to support it, that would be great.

They were extremely cooperative and even advertised my app on the front page!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. I'll be honest, it took me several months to develop this app. It got shelved for probably half that time, but I picked it back up and finished it. If it weren't for the amazing support found here and the dedicated people of web-os internals, a "noob" such as myself would not even have come close to finishing this app.

So thank you all!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    That's cool. I wish we had such an app for our area. Anyways, way to persevere. An encouraging story to another noob who's only just now rooting and tinkering.
    as a rhode island native I was stoked to see the app in the catalog for homebrew. Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Yeah! Your welcome.

I hope to have it accepted into Palm's catalog as well. I want to just get a link from Palm just so they acknowledge its existence. Although, I think I heard if I submit it open source I can get it into the on device catalog for free. I'll have to look into that.

But it's just a great feeling to have your app accepted and especially endorsed by the people you try to represent.