Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Where is the info grabbed from? lds.org? your ward website?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    To truly get the data desired for the app it can only come out of the computer in the actual church building. While scraping from the web might be doable for the basic information, for the complete solution it needs to come out of the MLS system.

To accomplish this I'll need the CSV Files, and then of course I need a way to get it in to a SQLite DB ON Device, and I can't take it OTA, it must come from a secure source. I have ideas on how to do all of this. I've already started this
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    This is coming. I work for the LDS Church and am involved in the Mormon Channel and LDS Scriptures projects currently underway. We do have plans to have the Ward Tools application available on WebOS phones, but we need to get the other two out first. Hopefully, both of those two will be complete before the end of the year so we can start focusing on the Ward Tools. When we do implement this, it will tie directly to MLS data, not through an export, convert, import process. If anyone is interested in helping develop this, we can get you involved through our LDS Tech Community (tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Requirements_for_Participation) and send me a message through this forum.

Thanks!

Stephan
  4.    #24  
    Just wondering if there has been any kind of update on the progress of these kinds of apps? Thanks.
    Any progress on Ward tools for Webos? I asked on the Ward tools google group, but no one responded. I love my Pre but now I feel lost without Ward tools.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Expect an official application from the church that will allow you to download in to your WebOS device all of the contacts and calendar entries from your ward website. Load maps to addresses, and things like that. How much above and beyond that is yet to be determined.

This project is VERY much in the beginning stages. It will be called LDS Mobile. I am the volunteer Program manager for this official but community developed application, and if any developers would like to assist with the development of this application please contact me directly.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...le_application

It is through these community driven volunteer projects that the church has brought us the official Gospel Library for WebOS recently.
    -----------------
    so it sounds like there is work being developed to replicate the i-stake i-ward type applications available on other platforms and replace with "LDS Mobile". This will be great for general use.

What I really miss are the reports by class, callings, demographic, status, HT/VT, rec#, etc. in Ward Tools. It drives me nuts watching 3 i-phone users in morning meetings racing through reports that I really need. Back to carrying around a 3 ring binder!
    App has been renamed LDS Tools and from the looks of it, it's going to be pretty nice.
    Looks like they'll be supporting all of the major platforms.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    LDSTools for WebOS is coming along nicely. We are at the point we have the ward / stake directories working great. We still need to work on the Calendar and Custom lists before we can release it. We have come a LONG ways in the last couple months.
    -----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    LDSTools for WebOS is coming along nicely. We are at the point we have the ward / stake directories working great. We still need to work on the Calendar and Custom lists before we can release it. We have come a LONG ways in the last couple months.
    I compiled v0.4.0 and the directoies are NOT working great.
    Did I compile an old version?

To be more specific, they don't work at all--there's no information inside them.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Any idea when some of us can help test the app out?
    Just compiled the most recent version from tech.lds.org
    Works great.
    Can't wait for them to complete and release it.

webOS Developer
    I'll be glad to help out any testing as well.
    This would be sweet to get rolling and would be happy to test or help in any way that I can.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I compiled the app a couple of weeks ago and it works great. It's nice to have the data on my phone. With Webos 2.0 coming out, it looks like developers can have the option to include apps like this in Synergy, which would be nice. I'd like to be able to integrate my ward/stake lists with my contacts/calendars without having to export them. Any chance this will happen when the app becomes official?
    Quote Originally Posted by romls View Post
    I compiled the app a couple of weeks ago and it works great. It's nice to have the data on my phone. With Webos 2.0 coming out, it looks like developers can have the option to include apps like this in Synergy, which would be nice. I'd like to be able to integrate my ward/stake lists with my contacts/calendars without having to export them. Any chance this will happen when the app becomes official?
    What version? I downloaded 0.4.5 from the site and it doesn't work for me. Hangs on loading leaders.....

Could you email me the version you compiled if newer?
    Okay so after a reboot it appears to be working, but the calendar never loads. There isn't anything under organizations for any of the wards in the stake either.

Still, pretty cool app. Can't wait for further revisions....
    Compiled the source and it is version 0.6.5, but everything more or less appears the same.

Nicer layout of individual and family records though....

Still can't get calendar or organizations stuff to load anything.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I recompiled from the subversion site a couple of days ago and it looks like LDS Tools is at version 1.0. I wonder if this is going to hit the app catalog soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by romls View Post
    I recompiled from the subversion site a couple of days ago and it looks like LDS Tools is at version 1.0. I wonder if this is going to hit the app catalog soon.
    I'm still running 0.4.5. Is the calendar working now?

webOS Developer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast