Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    The camera is great! However, sometimes it would be nice to just do a quick tuneup before posting it somewhere. Being able to do some contrast, brightness and saturation tweaks would be great. I'm not thinking of anything crazy.

On the other hand, it would be awesome to have a full image editor on a pre. Effects, filters, color replacement etc. That might be going to far, but I would definitely pay money for it.
    What do you think?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Adobe just released a mobile edition of Photoshop for the iPhone. Hopefully they will be able to make a WebOS version for us before to long. I am planning on contacting them to see if they have any timeline on when they might be releasing it just to see what they say about it.

http://mobile.photoshop.com/iphone/
    Last edited by kh4fun; 10/22/2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: add link
    The day Photoshop comes to the pre, remind me to bring along an extra change of underwear.

Here's hoping.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kh4fun View Post
    Adobe just released a mobile edition of Photoshop for the iPhone. Hopefully they will be able to make a WebOS version for us before to long. I am planning on contacting them to see if they have any timeline on when they might be releasing it just to see what they say about it.

Photoshop.com Mobile iPhone App - Photo editing, sharing, upload
    I definitely want that!!
    It's impossible until WebOS fully implements the canvas tag.
    I have a lg dare that has a great photo editing program is it possible to use that as a starting point?
    OK, we get this request here every week or so, so I'm going to explain why it's IMPOSSIBLE at this time for webOS:

In order to edit a photo/image, you need the data of the image (i.e. its pixels, colors, etc). Currently, the only way to get the data from a file is to open it through ajax which is prohibitively slow. I've tried this with a 1MB file and it was crawling and never made it completely through the entire file. And THAT was just reading in the file, not even altering the data.

Aside from such slow processing being annoying, that lag time actually makes it against the rules for a webOS app.

Additionally, since the canvas tag is not fully implemented (i.e. the getImageData method), you would have to write an image decoder in javascript (to read jpg, png or gif files for example). Javascript is about 10 times slower than straight c++/Java code, so this decoder would be insanely slow as it simply parses the image to get the pixel information.

Which brings us to the second issue: You cannot write/create files in WebOS. So EVEN IF you could find a way to open and manipulate the image files, you could never save your changes.

If you want this type of a program (which I'd be happy to write once the API exists for it), you ALL need to let it be known to Palm that you want "File I/O capabilities" here:

Forums webOS • View forum - Bug Reports and Feature Requests

(Can we make this a sticky so we don't keep getting these requests?)
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 11/03/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    OK, we get this request here every week or so, so I'm going to explain why it's IMPOSSIBLE at this time for webOS:

In order to edit a photo/image, you need the data of the image (i.e. its pixels, colors, etc). Currently, the only way to get the data from a file is to open it through ajax which is prohibitively slow. I've tried this with a 1MB file and it was crawling and never made it completely through the entire file. And THAT was just reading in the file, not even altering the data.

Aside from such slow processing being annoying, that lag time actually makes it against the rules for a webOS app.

Additionally, since the canvas tag is not fully implemented (i.e. the getImageData method), you would have to write an image decoder in javascript (to read jpg, png or gif files for example). Javascript is about 10 times slower than straight c++/Java code, so this decoder would be insanely slow as it simply parses the image to get the pixel information.

Which brings us to the second issue: You cannot write/create files in WebOS. So EVEN IF you could find a way to open and manipulate the image files, you could never save your changes.

If you want this type of a program (which I'd be happy to write once the API exists for it), you ALL need to let it be known to Palm that you want "File I/O capabilities" here:

(Can we make this a sticky so we don't keep getting these requests?)

Since it's not possible to have a true photo editor, can't we at least get an app to crop pics with, without looking at pixels... just zoom in and say, save current screen as an img file???
    Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post

Since it's not possible to have a true photo editor, can't we at least get an app to crop pics with, without looking at pixels... just zoom in and say, save current screen as an img file???
    *****CORRECTION*****
    Like the day after I asked this question I realized that the SCREENSHOT feature does what I asked above so all who JUST wanna crop photos, use the screenshot
    Orange Button+Sym Button+"p" can screenshot a photo once you've zoomed in on it.
    new member here...just searched this. My hopes were to request an app that had red eye removal, Cropping, Rotate, brightness/contrast etc.

But appears by this post its not possible :-/

Wish since adobes giving us flash, they'd give us that photoshop app linked above too!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Bump, since I'm STILL hoping for a camera editing app.
    Looks like we're well on our way to get an image editor

ImagePREsizer