Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ever since I got the pre, one thing I've loved was the wave. But to me, the ever present quick launcher bar seemed redundant, and took away from the elegance of the phone. Entirely by mistake, I have discovered a method for removing the quick launcher without hindering the wave in any way.

Make sure you back up the original quick_launch_bg.png before doing this, or just use jason robitaille's webos replace the original file.

To do this you will need webos quick install.

Drag and drop noquicklaunch.patch into webos quick install and press "install".

Next, send K4p741nkrunch's quick_launch_bg.png file that is attached to this post to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

quick_launch_bg.zip

Now the launcher bar height will be restricted to 1 pixel, but the wave will remain uninhibited.

Just a note, make sure you place the icons you want in the wave before you do this, as you will be unable to change the launcher bar without replacing the original quick_launch_bg.png .

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PrestonJames; 10/30/2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: re-write of instructions
    Here is the 1 pixel high image you'll need.

It's zipped, or did you want to try and right click a 1 pixel high image? :P

Hey Preston, what's the effect of doing the KQuickLaunchHeight:0 ; adjustment?
    I simply replaced the image and it works golden.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks for the info,will love to have it gone,to bad i'm not home for another week...
    Hey Red, if you have Preware check the theme section and look for No Launch. Could you test it for me and tell me if it works?
  5.    #5  
    I've tried that theme before. It juat makes the launcher bar and button transparent.
    I just created it 5 minutes ago, but I gave you credit Preston!
  7.    #7  
    and the reason for the kQuickLaunchHeight 0, is to change the launcher pages to use the entire screen. Then icons will go all the way to the bottom.
    Ahh that's what I'm missing, I was trying to take out images left and right. Great find!
    Where is launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $located$?
    Btw, this is GREAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Where is launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $located$?
    Btw, this is GREAT!
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

edit: I tried this out myself, and it does work nicely. thank you!!!
    Last edited by tarirene; 10/21/2009 at 11:35 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Just a warning, I'm not sure which patch this interferes with, but it seems to have a problem with at least one of the launcher patches. Everything still works normally, but removing patches can cause some trouble.

edit: i should say that if you already have the patch installed before you change kQuickLaunchHeight, both will function as desired, but you will need to backup and restore the earlier patched version of launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $before$ $you$ $will$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $remove$ $launcher$ $patches$ $properly$. $If$ $anyone$ $knows$ $a$ $solution$, $please$ $speak$ $up$.
    Last edited by PrestonJames; 10/22/2009 at 02:14 AM.
    what program do you use to edit the jsjsjs $file$
    I never thought about removing the launcher, but this is good. Someone will have to make a 'hide launcher' patch that is compatible with this method. I don't see the harm in this.

*BUT*
    /*
    * hardcoding the quick launch height until we can find a better way.
    This leads me to believe that this may change soon so, maybe not so fast on the patching and DEFinitely keep a backup!
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    what program do you use to edit the jsjsjs $file$
    you can use nano or vi
  15.    #15  
    I was away from home when i did it and just used wordpad to edit launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wturnerharris View Post
    I never thought about removing the launcher, but this is good. Someone will have to make a 'hide launcher' patch that is compatible with this method. I don't see the harm in this.

*BUT*

This leads me to believe that this may change soon so, maybe not so fast on the patching and DEFinitely keep a backup!
    I'm not sure this is a priority for them right now. I mean, it's been the same for some time. At least I hope it's not a priority for them...
    so i have to do it on linux or can i do it on windows
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    so i have to do it on linux or can i do it on windows
    you can do it in windows. just right-click and select "open with..." and choose wordpad. i wouldn't recommend notepad, as it doesn't format it properly. wordpad will recognize all original formatting of the file.
    thanks so much man im learning so much from you guys i really appreciate it
    oh yea it just booted up and all is well
    here are some shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast