Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Thanks for this patch, not sure it's for me, but I'm trying it out!

With that said, I used WebOSQI and installed the .patch, then I installed the .png file. The patch seems to work and I have 5 rows of icons in the launcher.

What I am confused about is all the talk about 1pixel height vs. 0pixel height with the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Does$ $editing$ $that$ $still$ $change$ $something$ $or$ $not$? $I$ $tried$ $to$ $grab$ $the$ $file$, $but$ $it$ $gave$ $me$ $an$ $error$, $which$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $record$, $and$ $the$ $file$ $that$ $came$ $over$ $is$ $0kb$ $and$ $though$ $it$ $opened$ $in$ $wordpad$ $on$ $WinXP$, $there$ $was$ $no$ $info$. $Am$ $I$ $just$ $late$ $to$ $the$ $game$ $and$ $this$ $isn$'$t$ $needed$ $or$ $what$??

Thanks again....
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    Am I just late to the game and this isn't needed or what??
    The adjustment has already been made; no need to "fix" anything. Enjoy.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    Thanks for this patch, not sure it's for me, but I'm trying it out!

With that said, I used WebOSQI and installed the .patch, then I installed the .png file. The patch seems to work and I have 5 rows of icons in the launcher.

What I am confused about is all the talk about 1pixel height vs. 0pixel height with the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Does$ $editing$ $that$ $still$ $change$ $something$ $or$ $not$? $I$ $tried$ $to$ $grab$ $the$ $file$, $but$ $it$ $gave$ $me$ $an$ $error$, $which$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $record$, $and$ $the$ $file$ $that$ $came$ $over$ $is$ $0kb$ $and$ $though$ $it$ $opened$ $in$ $wordpad$ $on$ $WinXP$, $there$ $was$ $no$ $info$. $Am$ $I$ $just$ $late$ $to$ $the$ $game$ $and$ $this$ $isn$'$t$ $needed$ $or$ $what$??

Thanks again....
    You don't need to edit anything in the file. All you need to do is install the .patch and replace the original quick_launch_bg.png with the one from the first post.

I think the reason you are confused about the 0 pixel or 1 pixel launcher height is because the answer is both. The new quick_launch_bg.png is only one pixel high, because the file must have some height, but it is transparent. This is what makes the phone hide the quick launch icons from view on the bottom while keeping the icons in the wave. The .patch changes the quick launch height *within* the app launcher to 0 pixels, which tells the launcher pages to use the entire height of your screen for rows of apps. Without that you would have a void at the bottom of your launcher pages. I hope this answers your question.
    Thanks for both replies, yes they answer my questions!

Only question left at this point, is am I correct in thinking this needs to be put back to original before upgrading when the Palm update comes out? ....or will it be uninstalled when I run the Emergency Patch Recovery patch? Maybe this has already been covered, if so I missed it! With all the tweaks, I am just trying to remember what I have to do if they do bring out an update soon....
  5.    #125  
    As always, it is strongly recommended that you remove all patches before updating. As far as replacing the original .png, i don't *think* it will make a difference. Personally I will be replacing the original with webos repair utility.

I'm not sure whether or not EPR will remove the .patch. They say you should always uninstall patches using the program that you use it install them. Thus, you should use webos quick install to remove the patches you put on with that(including this one) and epr to remove your preware patches. Though you will probably get a better answer about the EPR at #webos-internals irc.
    Last edited by PrestonJames; 11/11/2009 at 02:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    1.3.1 compatible
    so if I leave just this one patch installed & nothing else, I should be able to safely install 1.3.1? I'm away from my computer, so I can't use webos repair util to restore orig quick_launch_bg.png

how about if I uninstall the patch , but just not restore the original .png file?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    EPR should uninstall the patch. I can't say what effect the png file would have; I restored it before I updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    1.3.1 compatible
    Yes but, confusingly, they moved quick_launch_bg.png from /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/ to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ which messed me up for like half an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with the patch (and I do not think I am crazy and just forgot the old file path, but I guess it's possible).
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Yes but, confusingly, they moved quick_launch_bg.png from /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/ to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ which messed me up for like half an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with the patch (and I do not think I am crazy and just forgot the old file path, but I guess it's possible).
    I think it was in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ before; at least, that's where I accessed it in the past.
    I guess I had written the instructions down wrong then. Regardless, I'm just super happy it's working again.
  12.    #132  
    Just so you guys know, this patch is no longer relevant. It has been improved to no longer require the image change. I defer to the master(jason robitaille): http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2038251
    I had missed that - thanks!!
    So, I am completely stoked about this patch, but there is still something missing. Has anyone figured out how to remove the Quick Launch Icon? I agree with most that it is redundant, but I haven't seen a patch to remove it. If not, does anyone know where the file is located that might control this icon? Thanks in advance, and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
    "The Sophist"
    you can load a theme that removes just the launcher arrow or there is a patch that removes the whole quick launcher but not the wave part its in preware
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you can load a theme that removes just the launcher arrow or there is a patch that removes the whole quick launcher but not the wave part its in preware
    I installed the "Hide Quick Launcher" patch, and I LOVE it. Now I just want to remove the icon from the quick launcher bar. I currently have the "Pre Touch v2" theme installed and I love that too, so I do not want to change it. I thought that maybe someone had figured a way to remove the icon regardless of the theme installed. I would be happy to fiddle around with the file if I knew where it was located. Thanks again!
    "The Sophist"
    yeah i dont know anything about that but the maker of that patch would know something
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567