Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    more detailed instructions on the first page. The patch works but you still have to send the new quick launch image through QI
    well if its drag and drop ok but im not doing all that other stuff, i will wait for a patch in webos QI then
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    more detailed instructions on the first page. The patch works but you still have to send the new quick launch image through QI
    Twang is the image sent thru drag and drop or do you have to open the linux command line to send it?? And how do you return to the old image if needed?

Thanks Twang
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    @shadavis even with a patch through preware you will still have to replace the image file for the patch to work

@Achill3s the image is NOT sent through drag and drop, nor do you have to open the linux command line.

All you have to do is open Quick install, select tools and send the new quick launch image to this folder.. /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

save that directory info, because if you ever want to revert to the old quick launch bar that is the place where you will send the stock image.

LMK if there are anymore questions.
    is anyone going to submit this patch to preware ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #106  
    @shadavis, it will hopefully make it's way onto the preware patch feed. However, that may take some time as it doesn't currently support a patch and an image change in the same ipk.

I would also like to take a moment to thank guerillatwang for all of his help answering the many questions on this thread. I don't always have the time I'd like to devote to support for this patch and you've been a huge help. Thanks again.
    Thanks alot Preston. Love this forum and the people that go with it and i'm happy to help out in anyway I can.

8.    #108  
    I just wanted to let anyone still following this and waiting for it to arrive in preware know that it may be some time yet. The guys over at webos-internals are working on a way to package the patch and image change together, but it represents somewhat of a departure from the techniques preware currently uses. Unfortunately, that means I can't give you guys an ETA. However, I will offer any support necessary to users having a hard time installing this patch.
    Ive been following this post for a while and this is something I would really love to do but I dont even come close to understanding what this means:

Next, send K4p741nkrunch's quick_launch_bg.png file that is attached to this post to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

what do you mean when you say 'send /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/'?

Send it where? Or maybe..from where? Where do I type that in? Kindergarten language please

Im lost. Sorry. not techie at all
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaidan6453 View Post
    Ive been following this post for a while and this is something I would really love to do but I dont even come close to understanding what this means:

Next, send K4p741nkrunch's quick_launch_bg.png file that is attached to this post to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

what do you mean when you say 'send /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/'?

Send it where? Or maybe..from where? Where do I type that in? Kindergarten language please

Im lost. Sorry. not techie at all
    Open webos quick install. Click the 'tools' menu->'send file'. A window will pop up. Click the first line and it will open a window to select the file you want to sent. Find where you saved the quick_launch_bg.png file to your computer. The next line in the window is "destination folder:". That is where you type in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/. Click send and it will send the new image to your phone.
    Thanks Preston
    any time I try to drag and drop the patch into WOQI (2.6) it doesn't recognize the file type.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    any time I try to drag and drop the patch into WOQI (2.6) it doesn't recognize the file type.
    make sure you're dropping the .patch and not the .png. you have to send the .png through wosqi's 'send file' function. also, i'm not sure if wosqi 2.6 supports the drag and drop of .patch files. i think the current on is 2.82 and i know it will support this file type.
    WOSQI 2.72 supports drag and drop - I used this version. Got this patch when it came out and I love it - never did like the redundancy of the QL bar when the wave bar is so much more elegant and sexy. Thanks Preston!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    what theme's have people had luck with this patch working with? i have it with my default theme but would like to use it on another theme, but dont want to have to use the doctor again. if someone has used this with some themes please let me know thanks..
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fields.chad View Post
    if someone has used this with some themes please let me know thanks..
    It works fine with Simple Black Theme w/Texture. This theme doesn't change any icons, though.
    changed the theme to black with texture and it works great. One Big question though. i just replaced the quick launch bg .png and installed the patch via quick install. how do i set those back to the default with the launcher. just in case i need to??
    Last edited by fields.chad; 11/10/2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fields.chad View Post
    changed the theme to black with texture and it works great. One Big question though. i just replaced the quick launch bg .png and installed the patch via quick install. how do i set those back to the default with the launcher. just in case i need to??
    Note the name of the png file. If you ever want to restore the default (e.g., if you ever want to change the apps in the quick launch bar), use WebOS Repair Utility to restore that file only. It's like doctoring but for one file only. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but that's how I did it, and it was painless.
    thanks again,
    I will just use the NoMo QL theme for now . At least until the patch comes out. Thanks guys!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast