Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    theres no way to do this without editing file ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    @shadavis

there's a patch available on page 4 I believe...use QI to install it
    And that is why I love this forum. Intelligent people to show an ***** like me where to look and how to do it.....thank you. It's 4am here, just got home from work, I will need some coffee to straighten me out so I can fidget with this. When it is done, I will post results. Thank you again.
    Outstanding!
    It worked.
    I installed the theme I wanted, sent the .png file to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/, used WOSQI to restart Luna, and whammo!! Success!! Thanks guys.
    Nice..now I got to stop trying to press the launcher bottom which is not there!...will it be possible to make the cards in the card view a little bit bigger or move it down so its center in the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Nice..now I got to stop trying to press the launcher bottom which is not there!...will it be possible to make the cards in the card view a little bit bigger or move it down so its center in the screen
    Now that is a handy dandy Idea.
    trying to follow the instructions to do this, do i need to uninstall my current theme first? or what do i need to do?
    Some themes have been found to work with this patch, but I highly recommend you remove your theme before putting this onto your phone. I installed it over my theme and ended up having to go in and replace a crapload of files to get everything working properly. Seeing your post count i'm guessing you don't want to have to mess with that sort of stuff (maybe i'm wrong)
    no your right on. ive already had to use webos doc on my phone cause of a broken theme and 1.21. so remove my current theme, and put the patch download on the phone with qi any other files i gotta change on the phone?
    The patch should take care of it all for you. I had some problems using the patch through QI so i went in and redid it manually. If the patch doesn't work, let me know and i'll walk you through implenting the patch manually.
    thanks again.
    installing the NoMo QL theme on top of a theme will really mess up stuff.. I installed the patch an sent the quick_launch_bg with a theme installed and it worked
    @onedeep

which theme were you using?
    I'm using my Simple Black and Red theme..
    Is it possible to remove the launcher icon from the quicklaunch, or at least map it to another app if not? It's completely unnecessary.
  16.    #96  
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated the first post to reflect the correct instructions to install this patch. You shouldn't have any problems with other launcher patches. Please feel free to post any questions or problems you have here.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Is it possible to remove the launcher icon from the quicklaunch, or at least map it to another app if not? It's completely unnecessary.
    I'm not sure how to do that. I know there are several threads about that exact topic, but i'm unsure if anyone has succeeded yet.
    Preston, couple of questions:

Does this patch just replace the image with one that doesn't have the 5 icons on the bottom (launcher row)? I guess what I'm asking is can I still use my own wallpaper or would I be limited to one that is uploaded thru QI?

Also, does this patch show up in the WEbOS QI Device management, just in case I'd like to remove it?

Thanks!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I'm not preston but I can answer your questions. The patch only replaces the image used for the quick launch bar, so you can still use your own wallpaper. And yes thanks to Jason the patch does show up for easy removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    @onedeep

which theme were you using?
    ok i tried this patch two days ago and it was a no go didnt work ,so i reloaded the no QL theme . so is this patch working now ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast