Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 137
  1. mmmtacos's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Ok so I fixed the issue. I went back, replaced my images and .jsjsjs $files$ $back$ $to$ $stock$, $removed$ $my$ $theme$ $and$ $then$ $voila$ $it$ $worked$! $It$ $turns$ $out$ $the$ &$quot$;$dock$&$quot$; $looking$ $launcher$ $file$ $was$ $at$ $fault$. $I$ $had$ $this$ $image$ $overwritten$ $on$ $the$ $theme$ $and$ $it$ $must$'$ve$ $screwed$ $up$ $the$ $directory$ $or$ $something$, $i$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $but$ $now$ $it$ $works$.
    can you expand on this? i'm having the same problem and i've used webosrepair to fix any errors and even tried repairing it by single line and nothing, the app launcher still has a large space on te bottom where the QL should be, thank you
  2. fayho's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    can you expand on this? i'm having the same problem and i've used webosrepair to fix any errors and even tried repairing it by single line and nothing, the app launcher still has a large space on te bottom where the QL should be, thank you
    x2
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    can you expand on this? i'm having the same problem and i've used webosrepair to fix any errors and even tried repairing it by single line and nothing, the app launcher still has a large space on te bottom where the QL should be, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by fayho View Post
    x2
    do you guys have themes installed? i've been having problems making this compatible when a theme has changed the wave file.
  4. fayho's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #64  
    yea but ive uninstalled the theme and still have the same problem. What i think is happining is that kQuickLaunchHeight: 0 keeps reverting back to 67 everytime i restart. How do i fix that?
  5. #65  
    Awesome. Took two minutes to do and looks great!
    Great find!

    @PrestonJames
    I have the Original Blue Theme installed via Quick Install, and just did this tweak and it looks fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. #66  
    mmmtacos & fayho:

    The last thing I had checked before I removed my theme, and replaced the stock QL files was check the file name. I had mine saved under launchassistantedit.jsjsjs, $just$ $to$ $differentiate$ $between$ $the$ $edit$ $and$ $the$ $copy$ $for$ $back$-$up$. $I$ $renamed$ $it$ $the$ $proper$ $file$ $name$ $which$ $i$ $believe$ $is$ $launcher_assistant$.$js$ $and$ $sent$ $it$ $back$ $through$ $QI$ $and$ $it$ $worked$ $fine$ $for$ $me$. $Not$ $sure$ $if$ $this$ $might$ $be$ $your$ $problem$ $in$ $particular$ $but$ $get$ $back$ $to$ $me$ $and$ $we$'$ll$ $work$ $this$ $thing$ $out$.
  7.    #67  
    I'm still working on an ipk that will be hopefully destined for preware, but in the meantime I will upload a .patch that will patch launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $is$ $compatible$ $with$ $other$ $launcher$ $patches$. $You$ $will$ $still$ $need$ $webos$ $qi$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $patch$ $and$ $to$ $send$ $quick_launch_bg$.$png$ $manually$.
  8. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #68  
    After doing this Friday I can say it makes the Pre truly awesome to use... Manually installed tweak and then did the 4x4 v3 patch with no issues... It has truly changed the way I use my Pre
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I'm not sure this is a priority for them right now. I mean, it's been the same for some time. At least I hope it's not a priority for them...
    Definitely not a priority for [them] webosinternals. You can make the patch though, that is if you want to. I'm sure someone will find it useful. Personally, I like the launcher.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by wturnerharris View Post
    Definitely not a priority for [them] webosinternals. You can make the patch though, that is if you want to. I'm sure someone will find it useful. Personally, I like the launcher.
    actually, "them" is palm. I was referring to the comment in the code that indicated palm was planning on changing the way the height of the quicklauncher is managed.
  11. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #71  
    I'm looking forward to a patch on preware. Not savy enough to do these steps, but I'm really glad that you are. Thanks to all !!!
  12.    #72  
    Here's a .patch file that will change the launcher-assistant for you. This patch is compatible with the other launcher patches so that they will install/uninstall normally. Now all you have to do is drag and drop it into webos quickinstall and click install. Then send the quick_launch_bg.png file from the first post.

    An .ipk that will install the whole thing is forthcoming and will be submitted to preware, but I don't have an ETA on that, so i recommend you follow the instructions on this thread and it should work well for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Here's a .patch file that will change the launcher-assistant for you. This patch is compatible with the other launcher patches so that they will install/uninstall normally. Now all you have to do is drag and drop it into webos quickinstall and click install. Then send the quick_launch_bg.png file from the first post.

    An .ipk that will install the whole thing is forthcoming and will be submitted to preware, but I don't have an ETA on that, so i recommend you follow the instructions on this thread and it should work well for you.
    This patch didn't work for me unfortunately. I just went back and resent the files manually and it's working again. Also after I installed the patch I lost my 5x5 icons...they were reverted to 4x4

    edit: Got it all fixed up thanks to WebOS repair
    Last edited by guerillatwang; 10/28/2009 at 07:53 AM.
  14. #74  
    Nevermind..jeez, after removing all of my patches and such and re-doing everything. I go back to put the hide launcher file in MANUALLY and it's still messing with my icons. This is so frustrating. Help me!
  15. #75  
    When you get the ipk settled, can you post it here as well?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Nevermind..jeez, after removing all of my patches and such and re-doing everything. I go back to put the hide launcher file in MANUALLY and it's still messing with my icons. This is so frustrating. Help me!
    I'm not sure what is causing your problem. I had some similar problems earlier. What I did was remove all patches and themes, then use jason's repair utility to to get the original file. Then start over with the .patch I uploaded.
  17. #77  
    For some reason, it's like the phone is putting patches in place for me...it went from 5x5 to 4x4v2 to 4x4v3...i stopped messing with it for now because I don't have a solid contact backup solution...once I do i'll be diving headfirst into this problem to figure out what EXACTLY is going on.
  18. #78  
    Awesome! I spent a while trying to figure this out, ON PURPOSE and couldn't get it. I saw that other people had tried too and so I gave up. THANKS A TON. Man it just makes my UI so much cleaner looking. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
  19. #79  
    Hey guys, relatively new poster here, just had my first taste of using the WOSQI repair to reset the phone.

    Hmm, where to start. I came across the NoMoQL Theme, and loved the idea, didn't know how great it was until I installed it, woo hoo! I then found to my dismay, the problem with the icons and the space at the bottom of the launcher screen. I had to use the repair utility to be able to update Preware and Package Manager, phone was so far gone, it was just easier to reset it to be able to install the 4x4 v3 icon patch.

    Installed the 4x4 v3 icon patch, prior to the reset, I could get NoMoQL to work by installing that theme, then installing another theme right over it, to be specific, using WOSQI to theme with NoMoQL via .xml, then when Luna reset, to theme with Matrix Updated theme via .xml. I got the icons, background, and colors of Matrix Updated, with NoMoQL, but the icon launcher gap.

    After the reset, I installed the 4x4 v3 patch, installed NoMoQL, used WOSQI to write the assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $drag$ $and$ $dropped$ $the$ .$patch$ $file$, $and$ $copied$/$wrote$ $the$ .$png$ $file$.

    I now have NoMoQL working, no quick launch icons and I have 5 rows of icons all the way to the bottom of the screen.
    My problem now is that I can't install another theme with NoMoQL. I love the lack of launcher, but I don't like the stock icons, colors, or backgrounds. I know I can tweak the backgrounds, but the icons and colors remain stock. Is there something I am missing to make NoMoQL work with other themes?

    Second, is there anyway to post stock versions of the assistant.jsjsjs, $and$ $the$ .$png$ $files$? $I$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $I$ $have$ $originals$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $mix$ $them$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $altered$ $files$.

    Sorry for the long post, just wanted to learn how to do this, it's actually more fun now after learning how to use the repair option...I swear I was nervous reseting this phone...lol....
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityOmega View Post
    Hey guys, relatively new poster here, just had my first taste of using the WOSQI repair to reset the phone.

    Hmm, where to start. I came across the NoMoQL Theme, and loved the idea, didn't know how great it was until I installed it, woo hoo! I then found to my dismay, the problem with the icons and the space at the bottom of the launcher screen. I had to use the repair utility to be able to update Preware and Package Manager, phone was so far gone, it was just easier to reset it to be able to install the 4x4 v3 icon patch.

    Installed the 4x4 v3 icon patch, prior to the reset, I could get NoMoQL to work by installing that theme, then installing another theme right over it, to be specific, using WOSQI to theme with NoMoQL via .xml, then when Luna reset, to theme with Matrix Updated theme via .xml. I got the icons, background, and colors of Matrix Updated, with NoMoQL, but the icon launcher gap.

    After the reset, I installed the 4x4 v3 patch, installed NoMoQL, used WOSQI to write the assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $drag$ $and$ $dropped$ $the$ .$patch$ $file$, $and$ $copied$/$wrote$ $the$ .$png$ $file$.

    I now have NoMoQL working, no quick launch icons and I have 5 rows of icons all the way to the bottom of the screen.
    My problem now is that I can't install another theme with NoMoQL. I love the lack of launcher, but I don't like the stock icons, colors, or backgrounds. I know I can tweak the backgrounds, but the icons and colors remain stock. Is there something I am missing to make NoMoQL work with other themes?

    Second, is there anyway to post stock versions of the assistant.jsjsjs, $and$ $the$ .$png$ $files$? $I$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $I$ $have$ $originals$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $mix$ $them$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $altered$ $files$.

    Sorry for the long post, just wanted to learn how to do this, it's actually more fun now after learning how to use the repair option...I swear I was nervous reseting this phone...lol....
    I suspect the problem is that the phone doesn't like two themes at a time. What you will have to do is to install the theme you want, then install the .png file manually using the directions on the first post. It's a pretty straightforward process since it's only one file.

    as far as the original files go, I think it violates palm's copyright to distribute the individual files. However you can download jason robitaille's webos repair utility. It has the ability to replace individual files from palm's webos doctor without wiping your whole phone.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions