Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    This is great. Worked without a hitch. I've been hoping for this patch for a long time now. Really cleans up the screen.
    what has changed since you wrote this?
    unfortunately that was written before I had realized the problem.
  3.    #43  
    unfortunately that was written before I had realized the problem.
    I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but it may be related to your theme. The reason I think this is that when I replace the original .png on my phone, the launcher page goes all the way to the bottom, with the quick launch icons right on top of the last row, but both are visible.
    I'm gonna play with this today and see if i can figure out a solution. Thanks for the help
  5.    #45  
    I'm gonna play with this today and see if i can figure out a solution. Thanks for the help
    One last thought: Use the receive file function in qi to get the quick_launch_bg.png from your phone and see if it's the right one. Maybe it's not being overwritten correctly.
    Ok so I fixed the issue. I went back, replaced my images and .jsjsjs $files$ $back$ $to$ $stock$, $removed$ $my$ $theme$ $and$ $then$ $voila$ $it$ $worked$! $It$ $turns$ $out$ $the$ &$quot$;$dock$&$quot$; $looking$ $launcher$ $file$ $was$ $at$ $fault$. $I$ $had$ $this$ $image$ $overwritten$ $on$ $the$ $theme$ $and$ $it$ $must$'$ve$ $screwed$ $up$ $the$ $directory$ $or$ $something$, $i$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $but$ $now$ $it$ $works$.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I see the theme is gone from PreWare?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Finally made it home and it works perfectly... would love to see this come out as a patch for easy removal.

Great find!!!
    The theme was in Preware but I had reports of it not working so I put it in the theme section of PreCentral. Still haven't gotten anything back when I asked for access to put it in the Gallery so unfortunately it's not in Preware.
  10.    #50  
    Ok so I fixed the issue. I went back, replaced my images and .jsjsjs $files$ $back$ $to$ $stock$, $removed$ $my$ $theme$ $and$ $then$ $voila$ $it$ $worked$! $It$ $turns$ $out$ $the$ &$quot$;$dock$&$quot$; $looking$ $launcher$ $file$ $was$ $at$ $fault$. $I$ $had$ $this$ $image$ $overwritten$ $on$ $the$ $theme$ $and$ $it$ $must$'$ve$ $screwed$ $up$ $the$ $directory$ $or$ $something$, $i$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $but$ $now$ $it$ $works$.
    Depending on which theme you were using, you may be able to apply it now that you've gotten the changes from this thread working. Ive had some luck with a couple of them. Let us know what happens.
    Is there a way to apply themes to the emulator through QI? I'm happy to try out themes i just don't want to have to doctor my pre incase anything goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    ok so i got the file and changed and then tried to send it back to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    and it didnt work for some reason it said:

"command put file:///usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    reply file open failed"

does any one know what i did wrong, im still a rookie at this stuff
    can i ask what u did..i am getting the same error....please let me know...i am unable to figure it out..i have been trying for about 10 mins now...
    remove launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $end$
    yea..i jus figured that out when i noticed that the .jsjsjs $file$ $was$ $repeated$ $at$ $the$ $end$...$instructions$ $werent$ $very$ $clear$ $on$ $removing$ $this$...

thanks BTW!!!
    ok..so i jus rebooted...b-e-a-u-tiful!!!! now that looks good!!!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Some please patch this up, i'm without QI right now but i really want this. Great work btw.
    Last edited by ricebean; 10/24/2009 at 09:49 PM.
    ok so is this available through preware yet or is there another easy way to do this?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18.    #58  
    Is there a way to apply themes to the emulator through QI? I'm happy to try out themes i just don't want to have to doctor my pre incase anything goes wrong.
    i think so. in qi go to file>options and select emulator. i believe that should enable you to apply themes to the emulator.

yea..i jus figured that out when i noticed that the .jsjsjs $file$ $was$ $repeated$ $at$ $the$ $end$...$instructions$ $werent$ $very$ $clear$ $on$ $removing$ $this$...
    Sorry about that. I've updated the first post to reflect the correct instructions.

ok so is this available through preware yet or is there another easy way to do this?
    Not in preware yet. I would liek to create an ipk patch that I will hopefully submit to preware, but I've never made one before so it's a challenge to make it compatible with the other launcher patches. Any patchers who would like to take this on or at least provide me with some advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Patch! Patch! Patch! Patch! Patch! Patch! *the chant growing in volume and intensity*

(nice work, by the way! )
    Patch! Patch! Patch! Patch! Patch! Patch! *the chant growing in volume and intensity*

(nice work, by the way! )
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast