Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    This is great. Worked without a hitch. I've been hoping for this patch for a long time now. Really cleans up the screen.
    Never even realized I wanted this until I saw it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Ever since I got the pre, one thing I've loved was the wave. But to me, the ever present quick launcher bar seemed redundant, and took away from the elegance of the phone. Entirely by mistake, I have discovered a method for removing the quick launcher without hindering the wave in any way.

Get /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    using webos qi. You must edit the file launcher-assistant.jsjsjs. $Change$ $line$ $11$ $to$

kQuickLaunchHeight: 0,

and send it back to the pre.

Next, send a new quick_launch_bg.png file that is 1 pixel high by 320 wide to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

Now the launcher bar height will be restricted to 1 pixel, but the wave will remain uninhibited.

Just a note, make sure you place the icons you want in the wave before you do this, as you will be unable to change the launcher bar without replacing the original quick_launch_bg.png .
    ok so i got the file and changed and then tried to send it back to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    and it didnt work for some reason it said:

"command put file:///usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    reply file open failed"

does any one know what i did wrong, im still a rookie at this stuff
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ok nevermind figured it out
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    oh crap where to find the original quick_launch_bg.png
    Outstanding patch....love it!

rothoof, I don't have the original quick_launch_bg. However, here's the transparent version, which is a great patch in its own right (if you want visible icons but invisible launcher bar).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/22/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    oh crap where to find the original quick_launch_bg.png
    use jason robitaille's webos repair utility. There is a function to replace a single file. It will ask which file, and you will type: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_bg.png
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    is patch possible?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    is patch possible?
    you mean through preware?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    is patch possible?
    yes, but i just made this discovery last night, so i wanted to post the manual version for now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    yes, but i just made this discovery last night, so i wanted to post the manual version for now.
    Awesome! It works like a charmer but the patch would be straight icing.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    you mean through preware?
    GREAT, i'll be watching PREWARE... Keep up the good work....
    It's not really a patch, but I do have a theme currently waiting to be put on the Precentral gallery that removes the launcher. I had it on Prethemer, but their online image system keeps the resolution of the original image no matter what, so it didn't work.

Once it's up I'll let you know.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I would love to see this as a patch thru Preware.

GOGOGO!!!
    This forum is probably definitely not the right place to post this but I figured since this could happen while applying this patch manually I would ask.

Basically, I edited a file manually and sent it with WOSQI to my Pre. Being stupid, I forgot that I had a patch already applied to the same file. So, right now Preware thinks the patch is installed when in actuality it is not. When I try to remove it obviously an error comes up and it cannot remove the patch. Ultimately, it is a minor deal because the file I sent is working how expected. Is there any way to remove the patch installed by preware so it knows it is removed?

I will probably post this in the preware thread but I figured if the answer could be here as well it might help out some people who screw some things up.
    Any ideas why the quick launch area is still inhibiting my launcher page? It is transparent to the background, but blocks off my fifth row of apps..grrr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Any ideas why the quick launch area is still inhibiting my launcher page? It is transparent to the background, but blocks off my fifth row of apps..grrr.
    Did you change kQuickLaunchHeight 67 to kQuickLaunchHeight 0 in the file launcher-assistant.jsjsjs?
    @prestonjames

Yes I did. I'm going to go back and double check just to make sure. Were there multiple lines to edit, or just the one on line #11?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    @prestonjames

Yes I did. I'm going to go back and double check just to make sure. Were there multiple lines to edit, or just the one on line #11?
    There is just the one line to change. By any chance did you install a theme? There may be a conflict if the theme installed a different quick launch bar.
    I did have a theme installed prior to applying this patch, however I had a custom quick launch bar in place for that theme. Also, I replaced the quick launch bar image with one posted earlier in this thread. A 1px high image i think. I'm going to try resending that image and see if it sticks.

edit: So I resent the quick launch image and it didn't affect anything, I also double checked the code and resent it and to no avail..it's still performing the disappearing act where the QL used to be.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast