Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully ported Android to the Palm Pre. I have looked around and the only information I found was dated in January and it doesn't seem like much has happened since. Would love to see this if somebody knows how to do it, its always fun to have something else to play with...
    I haven't seen any recent new about it either. I hope dual booting android is possible, with Sense UI, widgets, and the android market.
    hopefully one of those awesome hackers out there figured out a way to bring it to the masses
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The Moto Droid will be out soon. It runs Android and has the same omap 3430 chipset. I'm sure this will make porting Android over to the pre a bit simpler.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I hope someone makes winmo for the pre

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    i hope that was sarcasm!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    Im waiting for the PalmOS port.
    So basically Texas Instruments released an MDK for the particular processor that the Pre uses. It's based on the OMAP 3 system. A group calls OmapZoom was working on porting Android to OMAP 3 and I haven't really seen any updates from them. The hardest part would be getting a bootloader on the Pre AND getting drivers for the Pre for Android. It's probably gonna be a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    i hope that was sarcasm!!
    +1
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    They are both linux based, should be possible. I had the hero build of android running on my htc touch, was an improvement to winmo, but I'd still prefer webOS now. I'd still rock the dual boot if it was able to happen don't get me wrong!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I too had Android running on my HTC Vogue. It was pretty close to completely usable, the only drawback for me was the terrible battery consumption. There are functional installs floating around on many Windows based HTC devices over at XDA, but I would love to see this on the Pre. Thanks for the feedback!