1.    #1  
    My friend just got a HTC Hero. It has some really incredible stuff available on it(some of which is opensource on the google code site). I'd love to find a way to implement Text to Speech, Speech to Text, barcode reading, ASE(android scripting environment) just to name a few.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    My friend just got a HTC Hero. It has some really incredible stuff available on it(some of which is opensource on the google code site). I'd love to find a way to implement Text to Speech, Speech to Text, barcode reading, ASE(android scripting environment) just to name a few.
    Honestly, barcode reading and the android notifications are very very nice and handy.

Barcode is awesome, if you are on, say PreCentral, and looking at the apps, you can scan the online barcode for the app and it will download or pull up the information for you. This is what Android does, with not only Apps but of course food, electronics, and other goods.

Android notifications, though some despise it, I think they are the single greatest notification system of any mobile OS. They do not intrude like WebOS, they do not take up 1/4 the screen like it seems to happen on WebOS, and they are uniquely stacked on the status bar up top and out of the way, and easily visible.
    I am most interested in getting the android lock for my pre
  4.    #4  
    speech to text is cool. he can speak to his phone to send a text message.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    ASE(android scripting environment).
    ...in webOS? Never.
    I can't wait till we can dual boot. I might just see if I can figure out a way to do it this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ...in webOS? Never.
    I didn't mean ASE on the pre, but something like would be nice.
    another thing id like to see on the pre that is on android...zombie run! just an app...but its fun