Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I tried searching and couldn't find anything related...is it possible to create a patch to delete an email as it appears on the notification bar? I like how I can see the sender/subject info on the notification but would also like to simply delete some emails without even opening up the app. I know that I can swipe the notification off the screen but that doesn't help me. Any help/comments greatly appreciated!!!
    ive been wondering the same thing when i first got my pre i just swiped them to the side assuming that deleted them but they just come back 30secs later
    +1 I would love this hack.

(just like chatter email preview where you can reply or delete)
    i would also like to see this
    Maybe swipe left to delete and swipe right to dismiss?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Maybe swipe left to delete and swipe right to dismiss?
    like the idea, but honestly a simple trash can icon on one side would be just fine too. I would imagine since there's a delete all tweak that this might not be so hard. My guess is that 2 different files would need tweaking, the email app and the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$...$correct$ $me$ $if$ $i$'$m$ $wrong$???
    When I get a chance I will look at this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    When I get a chance I will look at this.
    that would be great, thanks!
    What about if there are multiple emails? anyone have ideas for a solution incase we have more than 1 pop up?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    What about if there are multiple emails? anyone have ideas for a solution incase we have more than 1 pop up?
    I agree that might pose another issue, including one that might hamper coding of the patch. Imo though, if there are multiple emails I don't mind opening up the app to view them, just for the not-so-occasional junk e-mail I get...one thing I noticed is what the dev did with the new tweed app. If anyone hasn't used that...a notification comes up if there timeline updates/mentions and if more than one comes up, there is an arrow in the notification to view multiple events (shows '1/2 or 2/2' by the arrow in the notification.) again, that's not a necessity for me as it might make the patch work more difficult, but some other people might need it.
  11.    #11  
    if only I knew more about the mojo framework...I would love to be able to patch this on my own and share with everyone. I might try to research it when I get off work at 10 tonight but nobody get their hopes up...
  12.    #12  
    no luck last night for me...now after I thought about it...don't even know what file/where to start...anyone else yet?
    I have a trashcan icon now. Plan on implementing delete when its clicked tonight. Only thing is with the extra icon the message area obviously is smaller but you can still read enough I think.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I have a trashcan icon now. Plan on implementing delete when its clicked tonight. Only thing is with the extra icon the message area obviously is smaller but you can still read enough I think.
    sounds freakin awesome! thanks for your help!
    I have this working now. I just want to see if I can get it so you can delete more than one if there are multiple new emails. Either way I will finish cleaning it up and package it as a patch this weekend and get it posted.
  16.    #16  
    awesome! Thanks for your hard work on this! Let us know when its ready!
    doesn't the new paid tweed have a drop down menu icon in the notification?

this is awesome, and Tweed is great as well, I love that app, it works better than the Twitter site, if not for that and Digsby I'd never read/use Twitter....
  19.    #19  
    true...if there's a way to get that in the email patch that would be cool, but I'm fine with just the trash can for a single email if it's too hard/not possible to do that...and I agree about tweed completely! Had a twitter account a few months ago but never really used a lot until the paid tweed came out! Great work though so far Lclark!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I agree that if there is a way to change it to either arrow through them like that it would be cool. Or what if always only displayed 1, you click delete or open or swipe it away, it then could do the next new one, and so forth, you delete it, and it brings up the next one. But I do like that feature in Tweed. I'm so tempted to buy it.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast