Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Is there any way that this patch could be set up to work correctly with the Email Notification Repeat? I see that you maintain both of these patches, and they can't work in conjunction! I wouldn't mind a combined patch either if that was easier. Thanks!
    Working this issue now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Working this issue now.
    yay!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I just submitted an update so that the notification repeat and delete from notification bar play nicely. Watch Preware for it to be available.
    does the new patch fix the update time from pressing the trash can? Is it faster to delete now?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    does the new patch fix the update time from pressing the trash can? Is it faster to delete now?
    The update is to the email notification repeat patch so that it is compatible with the delete from notification bar patch.

I am working on minimizing the other issue now by removing the notification if delete is hit a second time for the current email. Note that this feature is very dependent on the synergy synchronization. If no notice is sent back that the email was deleted the notification bar does not get updated.
    looks like 1.3.1 fixed this.. working great now

my assumption was that in 1.2.1 you had to slide to delete the email notificatoon twice, that was why it didnt work correctly.

now in 1.3.1, palm fixed the slide to delete notification bug...and this patch works good
    I can't get rid of this patch and now I cnt open my emails... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I can't get rid of this patch and now I cnt open my emails... :-(
    Have you run the EPR?

What other email patches do you have?

Have you updated to 1.3.1 yet?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with this patch. It displays and appears to function correctly, but when I push to delete a message, sometimes the notification pops back up, and it never actually deletes the message.
  10.    #90  
    only had to test once today but it didn't seem to work...I had full signal and internet was working, but when I tapped delete and checked 5 minutes later in my email app, the email was still there. Any ideas? The 1.2.1 patch worked fine for me btw...and I like the new design w/ the delete icon on the right. Keep up the good work!!!

EDIT: when I hit delete initially the notification disappeared as if the patch was working properly...if that helps.
  11.    #91  
    any help? Just tested it again and it did the same thing...notification disappeared right after hitting delete but email was not deleted after 5 minutes of waiting w/full signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    any help? Just tested it again and it did the same thing...notification disappeared right after hitting delete but email was not deleted after 5 minutes of waiting w/full signal.
    +1
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    The new version (far right trash can) appears to not be deleting

I went back to the old patch found on page 2 of this thread
  14.    #94  

good idea, thanks!
    Is it not deleting from the server or is it deleting from the server but not the pre? If not deleting from server and notification bar is closing this indicates a failure is being returned by email service when the delete msg is sent. Do emails delete corectly from server if you do it from the email app? Who is your email provider?

Very confused. The only difference between the versions is the location of the icon. I will run a diff on the patches to verify though.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Is it not deleting from the server or is it deleting from the server but not the pre? If not deleting from server and notification bar is closing this indicates a failure is being returned by email service when the delete msg is sent. Do emails delete corectly from server if you do it from the email app? Who is your email provider?
    it doesn't delete from the server or the pre. If I open the email app and swipe to delete, it works fine just not from the notification. I use gmail. The previous version worked just fine on 1.2.1, before the 1.3.1 webOS update, but even when I am at home on wifi the notification disappears but doesn't delete the email. Hope this info helps!
    Same thing ..... +2

I ditto the fact that the previous version worked with 1.2.1 and now I have the new one with 1.3.1 and it acts like it does something but the email does not get deleted and is just sitting in the inbox.
  19. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Same here...I hit the trash can in the notification, but it stays in my email as a new email. Didn't happen with 1.2.1...
    it doesn't delete from the server or the pre. If I open the email app and swipe to delete, it works fine just not from the notification. I use gmail. The previous version worked just fine on 1.2.1, before the 1.3.1 webOS update, but even when I am at home on wifi the notification disappears but doesn't delete the email. Hope this info helps!
    Me too. BTW, thanks for your work on this!!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast