Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    You are correct, I have submitted to Preware but it has not been added yet. Not sure how often they add things.
    w.e its no problem just for now upload the .patch file till it hits preware
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    So the way this works is it sends a delete msg to the server then the server sends a msg back which clears/updates the notification. This is the reason for the delay. You should be able to delete more than one. Do not test by sending your self emails from your gmail account on a pc. The active sync seems to recognize that you are viewing your account so doesn't send the msg back to your pre.

    For those concerned about the speed I can make it so the notification goes away immediately but you won't be able to delete multiples.

    I already plan on trying to implement a swipe instead of the icon_ stay tuned.
    would it be possible to make one patch for the single email delete so that it can go away immediately and then have another one for the multiple delete. I would use that one since I would know what all i am deleting since it doesn't show you all of the emails.
    or if you like, just show what part of the code needs to be change and i will change it for mine
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by something13 View Post
    would it be possible to make one patch for the single email delete so that it can go away immediately and then have another one for the multiple delete. I would use that one since I would know what all i am deleting since it doesn't show you all of the emails.
    or if you like, just show what part of the code needs to be change and i will change it for mine
    The current patch also only deletes only one email at a time, the one being displayed. Once the server syncs the change the display updates to the next new email in the list and so on.

    If I get enough requests for a second patch that deletes one email and then closes I will create one.

    First try the following: set the get mail preferece to as items arive and see if that works better for you.

    Also as noted above make sure you do not test this by sending emails from the same email account you are deleting them from. The back end server seems to recognize this and not send the updates to the pre.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    The current patch also only deletes only one email at a time, the one being displayed. Once the server syncs the change the display updates to the next new email in the list and so on.

    If I get enough requests for a second patch that deletes one email and then closes I will create one.

    First try the following: set the get mail preferece to as items arive and see if that works better for you.

    Also as noted above make sure you do not test this by sending emails from the same email account you are deleting them from. The back end server seems to recognize this and not send the updates to the pre.
    how long does the server take to sync bc i was trying to delete an email and it wouldnt go away even after a minute....and then i swiped away and opened my email and a different email was there
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    how long does the server take to sync bc i was trying to delete an email and it wouldnt go away even after a minute....and then i swiped away and opened my email and a different email was there
    Should only take a second or two but is vey dependent on your connection.

    If it does not update after a couple seconds pressing delete again should close the notification as the second delete msg should result in a failure since it is already deleted.

    I am thinking maybe instead of a second patch I could update this one to track a second attempt to delete and close the notification even if the second delete does not result in a failure.

    What email provider are you using.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    Should only take a second or two but is vey dependent on your connection.

    If it does not update after a couple seconds pressing delete again should close the notification as the second delete msg should result in a failure since it is already deleted.

    I am thinking maybe instead of a second patch I could update this one to track a second attempt to delete and close the notification even if the second delete does not result in a failure.

    What email provider are you using.
    gmail hotmail and aol...happens with aol last night..worked good for gmail....i like ur thinking of updating to track a second attempt
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  7. #67  
    I installed and sent two test messages and it deletes both at the same time I sent messages to my outlook exchange account.
  8. #68  
    Is it possible to make it so when you swipe the email away it will mark it as read? I get receipts and stuff, I know whats in them, I want them in my inbox for records, but have no interest in reading them when I get them. This might need to be a different patch, I just wanted to post this here because you guys would have experience with email app already and the people here would probably have interest in this too, I also want it to be compatible with the 'delete email from notification bar' patch.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I am thinking maybe instead of a second patch I could update this one to track a second attempt to delete and close the notification even if the second delete does not result in a failure.

    This patch works great...however as already understood, sometimes it takes multiple trash can presses for delete.

    Are you planning on the above pre-mentioned status check patch?
  10. #70  
    bump

    any planned revisions for this mod?
  11. #71  
    I just finished three other patchs last night email messaging and phone notification repeat. I plan on working on this one some more this weekend. I plan on adding a check to just close the notification bar if you click on it twice as mentioned above. I also plan to look at doing this as a swipe instead of the trashcan icon.
  12. #72  
    sweet, thanks for the update.

    I think since after 1.04 update, email remove notification takes 2 swipes instead of one... (annoying)
  13. #73  
    damn any updates on this?
  14. #74  
    So I just learned that there is a new process for getting patches added to the repository that Preware and WebOS-Quick Install use. I have resubmitted the patch so with any luck it should be available soon.
  15. #75  
    @Lclarkjr ....is the patch updated? Or is it the older one
  16. #76  
    The original. I am still working on updates.
  17. #77  
    @Lclarkjr....Any updates to this patch soon? It is very sluggish and erratic to delete would love to hear what you have in store for us!
  18. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #78  
    Loving this, only suggestion I would have is to move the trashcan over to the far right.

    I could see accidentally hitting the delete button instead of the email icon to open my inbox.

    Great patch!
  19. #79  
    Is it possible to make it so when you swipe the email away it will mark it as read?
    I'd love this or a mark read button (instead of or next to delete).
  20. #80  
    Is there any way that this patch could be set up to work correctly with the Email Notification Repeat? I see that you maintain both of these patches, and they can't work in conjunction! I wouldn't mind a combined patch either if that was easier. Thanks!
    NY Giants fan?

    Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions