Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Wait, no, that downloads the html file. No wonder you guys are getting errors. Use the attached file instead - just dump it into the main screen of QI and hit install.
    so how did u do it?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

pulled it via quilt
    ok, my trashcan is there but it doesn't do anything when I tap it. am I missing something here?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Hmm... works fine, I installed it and the trash icon shows up and everything. very cool!

Though it broke the wave. I have so many modifications on that, it's probably not the patch's fault.
    Broke it how? I removed the quick launcher and am working solely with the wave. I'm not sure I need this patch, but if it will break the wave, I know I don't need it.
    my wave is working fine
    Quote Originally Posted by something13 View Post
    ok, my trashcan is there but it doesn't do anything when I tap it. am I missing something here?
    just tap the trash and w8 for the notification to swipe away by itself

my wave is working fine
    same here
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

my wave is working fine
    I think something else I did nearly at the same time messed with it. Sorry for the false alarm. It's not even in the same file as this patch modifies.
    hey clark so ur gonna be working on deleting multiple emails in notification?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Broke it how? I removed the quick launcher and am working solely with the wave. I'm not sure I need this patch, but if it will break the wave, I know I don't need it.
    I did that too. No worries. It all still works fine. My bad.
    still now working for me. I have tapped it. double tapped. and held my finger on it for a sec. still wont go away
    ok, well it is working but my notification doesnt go away until i open my email app
    ok, well it is working but my notification doesnt go away until i open my email app
    the first time i tried it...i click the trash and 2 seconds later the notification went away...but then i got another email and then i clicked the trash and the notification didnt go away so i went to the email app and it was showing i had another email...so yeah
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This seems to work, but there is a 2-3 second lag between when you touch the trash can and when the notification disappears. Anyway to improve on this? Or at least get a confirmation?
    It would almost be better if you could set it up like when you swipe a sms message and it pops up delete or cancel. and instead of cancel just have it say delete or hide. because if you want to cancel you can just tap somewhere else That way you know that it is working. that is if you are unable to get the delay fix. mine still seems a little buggy
    It would almost be better if you could set it up like when you swipe a sms message and it pops up delete or cancel. and instead of cancel just have it say delete or hide. because if you want to cancel you can just tap somewhere else That way you know that it is working. that is if you are unable to get the delay fix. mine still seems a little buggy
    sounds like a good idea
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    sounds like a good idea
    +1 I like this idea!
    So the way this works is it sends a delete msg to the server then the server sends a msg back which clears/updates the notification. This is the reason for the delay. You should be able to delete more than one. Do not test by sending your self emails from your gmail account on a pc. The active sync seems to recognize that you are viewing your account so doesn't send the msg back to your pre.

For those concerned about the speed I can make it so the notification goes away immediately but you won't be able to delete multiples.

I already plan on trying to implement a swipe instead of the icon_ stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    So the way this works is it sends a delete msg to the server then the server sends a msg back which clears/updates the notification. This is the reason for the delay. You should be able to delete more than one. Do not test by sending your self emails from your gmail account on a pc. The active sync seems to recognize that you are viewing your account so doesn't send the msg back to your pre.

For those concerned about the speed I can make it so the notification goes away immediately but you won't be able to delete multiples.

I already plan on trying to implement a swipe instead of the icon_ stay tuned.
    thanks you sir...by the way...it didnt make it to preware...that i know of i still have 96 patches in preware and it doesnt include urs unless i'm mistaken
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

You are correct, I have submitted to Preware but it has not been added yet. Not sure how often they add things.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thanks you sir...by the way...it didnt make it to preware...that i know of i still have 96 patches in preware and it doesnt include urs unless i'm mistaken
    I think there's been a slight day in approving new stuff the past few days. I'd assume whoever reviews stuff there has been busy with other things.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast