Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Was eating lunch with my wife when she received a text message on her LG Lotus. She opened her phone and the text message was one line but it scrolled across the screen. I was amazed. She had not even gone to the texting section/program on her phone.

    Idea - Is there a way to get the alert that comes up on the bottom of the home screen to scroll on first tap instead of just the fixed line like it does now? And then allow the full program to come up on second tap like it does now.
  2. #2  
    it sounds like your really onto something hopefully one of the many amazing patchers will find a way to achieve it without rooting and post it on preware
  3.    #3  
    There I was sitting with my Palm Pre and her little LG purple Lotus Flip just blow me away.
    Anyone else think this is a good idea? And I don't mean getting a Lotus.
  4. #4  
    Very interesting... I'll see if I can get someone to develop this.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #5  
    This would be a very convenient patch. Could easily swipe away texts of little importance but as is, you can't see the full text.
  6. Partyman's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #6  
    That patch would be very awesome to have, i know all the smart programmers will figure this one out.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    This would be a very convenient patch. Could easily swipe away texts of little importance but as is, you can't see the full text.
    The only issue is that when should the scrolling begin?

    Say you get a text message. The screen illuminates and sounds the alarm. I don't know about you guys, but the screen turns off before the notification bar displays. If you press the power button, the screen only displays for 5 seconds...

    The only practical use would be if you were to unlock the screen or for use while it was on the touchstone.

    I would love this patch, but I'm just stating problems that could occur.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The only issue is that when should the scrolling begin?

    Say you get a text message. The screen illuminates and sounds the alarm. I don't know about you guys, but the screen turns off before the notification bar displays. If you press the power button, the screen only displays for 5 seconds...

    The only practical use would be if you were to unlock the screen or for use while it was on the touchstone.

    I would love this patch, but I'm just stating problems that could occur.
    I see what you mean.

    I would think the most reasonable solution would be, if screen=locked scroll=false or something to that effect. Therefore, the scroll feature would only work if the screen was unlocked. Swipe the lock up, your notification is there and it autoscrolls.

    Anyone?
  9. #9  
    make the sms/text alert delay (how long it shows) to 10 or 15 seconds with the text scrolling in the notification bar.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The only issue is that when should the scrolling begin?
    Assuming an unlocked screen, could you tap the bar to start scrolling? One tap gives one pass of scrolling. This could be a general feature of all alerts, though only texts and perhaps e-mails would benefit from scrolling. And, if you have multiple alerts, you might not want them all to be auto-scrolling at the same time.

    Regards,
    Tom
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    ....
    Idea - Is there a way to get the alert that comes up on the bottom of the home screen to scroll on first tap instead of just the fixed line like it does now? And then allow the full program to come up on second tap like it does now.
    I like it.
  12.    #12  
    when you get a buzz for message when phone is locked, you would then unlock phone, see notification icon and tap it once. It would then auto scroll. you could then tap again and go to message or swipe to discard.

    that's all. Easy to say since i'm not writing the code... Lol. However, if someone wrote one we could test it and give feedback.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/21/2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo
  13.    #13  
    Thread just seems quiet.
  14.    #14  
    "bump"
  15. #15  
    I'd like it as well, It would be nice if it did this for all long notifications, like for emails as well.
  16. #16  
    This would be a great feature. I would never have to open the sms app most of the time with this
  17.    #17  
    Any new news about this?

Posting Permissions