Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Just wondering if it's possible to develop an app/pathc that can split the screen, for example if you are using Navigation and want to also have something else displayed like trapster or music player while driving. What does everyone think?
    im guessing the screen is too small to do that...?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I think the way to do that is to utilize the notification bar. It's really versatile. If you notice when you have an app open and the phone rings, it practically takes 60 to 70% of the screen. One could, theoretically, manipulate that into whatever they want to show.

However, as maxima noted above, it really depends on how practical (compatible) the two apps are to using only half the screen size.

Ever tried using the browser while having an incoming call notification open?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I think the way to do that is to utilize the notification bar. It's really versatile. If you notice when you have an app open and the phone rings, it practically takes 60 to 70% of the screen. One could, theoretically, manipulate that into whatever they want to show.

However, as maxima noted above, it really depends on how practical (compatible) the two apps are to using only half the screen size.

Ever tried using the browser while having an incoming call notification open?
    its very difficult...I've tried it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This brings up a novel idea though. Why not have Sprint Navigation or Trapster work in the background, and have USEFUL notification widgets. IE, distance-to-turn, speed, next street, etc... they could easily do something like that, instead of the braindead "return to navigation..."
    no 'Thanks'