Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Is it possible to access PalmDatabase.db3 through the normal openDatabase method? If so what do I put in for the path of the db - /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 doesn't seem to work.

If it is not possible to access this through openDatabase is there any other way to access it for readonly purposes within an app?

Lastly, will accessing PalmDatabase.db3 disqualify my app from being in the app catalog?

Thanks.
    I would be excited to see some sort of PalmDatabase.db3 management... IE, letting us back it up, or view/modify it on the PC... pick certain parts to restore. Similar to PIMBackup on WM phones.

I'd love to be able to sync my texts to my PC, or to a service like DashWire, so I can search/manage them a lot easier.

Just throwing that out there
    no 'Thanks'
    bump. anyone know how we could edit this?
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I would be excited to see some sort of PalmDatabase.db3 management... IE, letting us back it up, or view/modify it on the PC... pick certain parts to restore. Similar to PIMBackup on WM phones.

I'd love to be able to sync my texts to my PC, or to a service like DashWire, so I can search/manage them a lot easier.

Just throwing that out there

sqlite3 PalmDatabase.db3
    then type .dump

more details about the sqlite3 format here - http://www.sqlite.org/quickstart.html

-mark