1.    #1  
    So my phones ringer stopped working so I tried theWebOS doctor and got the message back "unable to reset your phone". (sea attached)
    I am pretty sure the Sprint guys are not going to want ot replace this.

What can I do?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1. Plug your Pre in to charge for at least a couple of hours. If the battery is low, the Doctor will fail because flashing takes an enormous amount of power relatively speaking. Use the AC charger for this. Don't dink around with charging off your computer.

2. After it has charged up, you'll need to run the WebOSDoctor again. I'm assuming that your pre won't even boot properly after a failed webosdoctor, so you'll have to force it. The way you do this is as follows:

*Remove the battery. Do NOT replace the battery until I tell you to.

*Plug the Pre into the USB port of your computer.

*Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.

*Replace the battery. If the Pre doesn't turn itself on, press the power button to turn it on.

*Within a couple of seconds at most, and probably instantly, you will see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of your Pre. Once you see that, you can let go of the volume up button.

You can now run the WebOSDoctor again.

If it fails again, there's either a problem with novacom on your desktop, or you have a hardware failure in your Pre.
  3.    #3  
    It doesnt loo like the battery is even charging. The phone just keeps blinking "Palm"
    I have tried the hold the volume up button with no success. I will let it sit on teh charger all night and try agin in the morning.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisjlutz View Post
    It doesnt loo like the battery is even charging. The phone just keeps blinking "Palm"
    I have tried the hold the volume up button with no success. I will let it sit on teh charger all night and try agin in the morning.
    thanks
    You're on the right track. With the software on the phone in the state that it's in, it will not look like it's charging correctly, and certainly won't do anything useful. If following my directions VERY carefully does not work, then you have a hardware problem and will need to replace your Pre.