Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    +1 for VAG ('nother TDIer here)

With everything that's been done on the linux and smartphone sides of the house, OBDII is definitely a possibility. Hell, i'd even try to hack together something if I could wrap my head around this damn framework.

VAG-specific probably won't happen. But I'd love to see ross-tech or somebody put one out.
    Heck, I was hoping to find an OBD I for the Pre. I have just converted a Vanagon with waterboxer engine to a Vanagon with an older Subaru engine. Would like my Pre to run OBD I and II (for my other cars.)
    There is a Wifi OBDII Hardware to transfer OBD data. This would work perfect with PRE!

Videol www .youtube.com/watch?v=S7V-mOTeiM8
    I am also very interested in this for my pre. I see kiwi wifi are looking for developers.
    PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port.
    look at the bottom of the page. I hope someone rises to the challenge.
    We are considering working on this project.

Here's a thread in our forum on the subject.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...08#post2947108
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    IGNTNUNLMTD had been working on something like this. However the biggest challenge was getting low level hardware access to get these serial adapters working, Bluetooth or wired.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    We are looking for feature request and too see how much interest there is in such an app.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Quote Originally Posted by pseich0 View Post
    +1 for VAG ('nother TDIer here)

With everything that's been done on the linux and smartphone sides of the house, OBDII is definitely a possibility. Hell, i'd even try to hack together something if I could wrap my head around this damn framework.

VAG-specific probably won't happen. But I'd love to see ross-tech or somebody put one out.
    +1 for me too
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b1ackn1ght View Post
    +1 for me too
    Don't get your hopes up. Last time I saw the Ross Tech folks, they were all carrying iPhones.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I am also very interested in this for my pre. I see kiwi wifi are looking for developers.
    PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port.
    look at the bottom of the page. I hope someone rises to the challenge.
    $30 for the SDK? I think not.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  11.    #31  
    Wow I missed a lot in this thread. Yeah if SDK were free I would give it a shot, being that I've been wanting an excuse to develop something useful for webos.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. Last time I saw the Ross Tech folks, they were all carrying iPhones.....
    Booo but not surprised. Then again, if they came out with something for WebOS I am sure it would be well out of my price range.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My bad, mind in the gutter. Saw vag and to check it out.
    Ross-Tech is working on a solution for all of us. There is a long thread on this on the tdiclub.com forums. Specifically, see these from the owner of Ross-Tech Uwe Ross: TDIClub Forums - View Single Post - iPhone to ODBII and TDIClub Forums - View Single Post - iPhone to ODBII.
    Last edited by tommyt26; 05/19/2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Miss-spelled 'Uwe'
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12