1.    #1  
    Hey I applied the patch to send videos and music via text messaging but they wouldn't send. I know my 755p would send videos to other cell phones, so I had to find the filename extension on the 755p. The Treo 755p saves as .3g2 I did a quick video and transferred to Pre and was able to forward that video.

Next problem how to convert to .3g2 The new Realplayer will convert and send to Pre but it gives files a file extension of .3gp "no go". Tried to to convert .3gp to .3g2 via ZamZar and got file conversion error via email from ZamZar.

I told Realplayer to convert to .wmv and I then had Zamzar convert to .3g2 and woola, I can now forward videos via text message to another cell phone.

In the screenshot the facebook with the triangle was the error I would get trying to send anyfile but .3g2

Haven't figured out how big a file can be yet the file I uploaded was 571KB.

Oxelon Media Convertor will convert the files to .3g2 less steps involved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 11/24/2009 at 10:23 PM.
    Hey momouton I have been able to send a MMS w/ attached video in .3g2 format! Thanks for taking the time to discover this option! I have noticed that when I send videos in .3g2 to people on GSM networks they never get the message! I am thinking maybe if the format is .3g2p it might work for all phones? Only problem is that I can't find any programs or services that convert to .3g2p? Do you know of any?

Thanks again for your help!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  3.    #3  
    Calimark I have never heard of .3g2p. If you have someone send you a video from a GSM network phone via email you can see the extension and go from there. I know sending photos from my Pre to an AT&T customer takes a while to show up.

It also appears that anything over 2MB has problems sending via mms.
    If I send a video from my AT&T phone (GSM) in .3gp when I recieve it on my PRE it is renamed and covereted to .3g2! If I send a video from my PRE to GSM in .3g2 the message is never recived on the GSM phone. If I send a video from my Pre in .3gp to my ATT I recive the message but it says MMS adaptation has removed one of the parts. I guess for the mean time we can only send video via txt's to other CDMA phones....

Thanks for the reply.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    BTW, the limit to MMS is 600KB. Read it somewhere recently.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    If I send a video from my AT&T phone (GSM) in .3gp when I recieve it on my PRE it is renamed and covereted to .3g2! If I send a video from my PRE to GSM in .3g2 the message is never recived on the GSM phone. If I send a video from my Pre in .3gp to my ATT I recive the message but it says MMS adaptation has removed one of the parts. I guess for the mean time we can only send video via txt's to other CDMA phones....

Thanks for the reply.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Have you tried to send it to your AT&T phone as a .3gp file?
    I have tried to send the video in .3gp to my ATT phone and in that case I recieve the txt of the message but the video is stripped. I see a screen that says portions of your text have been removed by MMS ADAPTATION? My project was to convert video I took with my PRE and send it out via MMS, but the resolution of the converted .3gp(g2) video is so bad that it would make my video capture not seem as cool. So, I just decided to keep the video in .mp4 so it would have best resolution and sent via email. Then the people I sent to can chose to watch on their phone (if supported) or on computer.

Thanks,

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  8.    #8  
    how did you take video with the Pre? Did it also have sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    how did you take video with the Pre? Did it also have sound?
    There is a thread on here with the videotest .ipk, I am at work so no time to track it down. As of right now no sound, but you can type in some commands on a rooted PRE and you can get sound to work. There is no GUI for this so its not the best solution but it does work!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  10.    #10  
    Calimark are you aware that they now have a very workable video recorder http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2061808

It records great and has sound as well. Check it out!
    Thanks for the heads up, I was up late last night and I think I had it installed after there was only 2-3 posts in the thread about it. It does rock, have you updated the precorder with the updated one?

Thanks.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)