1.    #1  
    I was just wondering, would it be possible to answer a phone call by sliding the pre up? Also to end the call by closing the pre?

I think this might be nice
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chatzvr4 View Post
    I was just wondering, would it be possible to answer a phone call by sliding the pre up? Also to end the call by closing the pre?

I think this might be nice
    Honestly, it may seem like a good idea, but the Pre's slider is already fragile enough (or so it seems). Adding this to it, say making 10 calls a day, thats 20 times extra that you're opening and closing the phone. Slider phones sliding mechanism gets weaker and weaker the more you use it, (motorola rizr for example).

This is my view on this though, and I honestly think it will weaken an already poorly built phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatzvr4 View Post
    I was just wondering, would it be possible to answer a phone call by sliding the pre up?
    If your Pre is locked, sliding the keyboard out will answer the incoming call. You will still need to end it by pressing the end button.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2man07 View Post
    Honestly, it may seem like a good idea, but the Pre's slider is already fragile enough (or so it seems). Adding this to it, say making 10 calls a day, thats 20 times extra that you're opening and closing the phone. Slider phones sliding mechanism gets weaker and weaker the more you use it, (motorola rizr for example).

This is my view on this though, and I honestly think it will weaken an already poorly built phone.
    I slide my keyboard MULTIPLE (more than 20) times a day. Just by default. I like playing with things when I can. I have not experienced it getting "weaker and weaker". I also disagree with your opinion that this is a "poorly built phone", but that's your opinion and you're entitled to have it.

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand, I think it would be convenient, I've had that a couple times when I slide the phone up to answer and still have to hit the green button >.<. As well as the fact that I close the phone and still have to hit the red button.

It would be a nice feature.
    thats how i awnser the phone since the app can be buggy, when i get a call i usually slide it open then immediatly close then put the phone up to my ear, thats just me though
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre