1.    #1  
    Hello Pre Central members,

I am haveing a bit of an issue with the MyTeather program! After 3 days of working on it, i am stuck in a loop and can't seem to get my mind out of it!! I hope that someone can help me solve this problem, and hopefully I am not posting this in the wrong area!!

I have a MBP running 10.5 with my pre and i can't seem to get my tethering function to work. Did people install via homebrew, or did you root your pre? I did it first through the homebrew app store, and then via root b/c i couldnt get it to work.

I then installed the bug program, but after restarting my computer, there wasn't any way for me to run the BUG program. So i just assuemed that it installed the USB drivers and could i just run the myteather and see what happens... nothing. So i reinstall the BUG progame restart and.. nothing... I tried the wifi enabling, nothing.

Im running 10.5 and am basically stuck on where to go next. I kinda really need this to get going, I am about to be commuting the SF 2-3 times a week and would LOVE to be able to use my computer on the way up and down!

I am going to keep plugging at this in hopes that i get things working, but maybe someone can see a problem in the workflow i am going thorough!!

Again thanks for any thing and, I bet its just some small thing out there.. always is!!

Thanks again guys

Pref

side question, does this only work when my pre is geting an EVDO signal? My house isn't the best with Sprint!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    only will work when your phone is in EVDO
  3.    #3  
    but does it sound like i did everything else correct?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    did you follow the directions in this thread? you shouldn't have made another thread and instead posted in that thread but whatever.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    First of all, are you a MyTether donor?

If you didn't pay for MyTether, then you have a version of MyTether that does not work with 1.2.1 and needs to be hacked (or use a special version of MyTether) to work again
    Go to forum.mytether.net and mytether.net you will have to make a $5 donation then you can download the latest version which is 2.0.2 the version in the repository is only version 1.5 You will find all the direction and any help you need at mytether
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
    Go to forum.mytether.net and mytether.net you will have to make a $5 donation
    "donation" is now up to $15:

My Tether - Instructions will be emailed to your PayPal email address

Total: $14.95 USD
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    There are a few things you need to know:

1. MyTether on Mac OS X 10.5 will not work via USB. The "free" 1.5 version will only work via Bluetooth.

2. The 1.5 "free" version also no longer works via wifi due to Palm disabling AdHoc in the Pre wifi driver. This can be hacked and there are instructions in another thread somewhere.

3. From what I understand, even the "donation" version will only work via BT and WiFi on a Mac.

I have the 1.5 "free version" runnin, using the instructions from another thread and replaced the driver with the old one. I can connect on my Macbook PrPrPr $using$ $10$.$5$ $via$ $BT$ $or$ $WiFi$.

Good luck
    Have you tried PAN with BT?
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys for the help and responses!

I have to admit i was getting a little ahead of my self/ annoyed and couldn't find my answers amongst the 100+ pages of the my teather thread!

I am now a PROUD doner and things are working!! (HUGE sigh of relief)

I haven't tried the USB yet, but im just happy to have this working for work on monday!!

again thanks for dealing with me, you all are great!!

Go Palm Pre

** oh and im posting this via my teatherd connection!!**
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    There are a few things you need to know:

1. MyTether on Mac OS X 10.5 will not work via USB. The "free" 1.5 version will only work via Bluetooth.

2. The 1.5 "free" version also no longer works via wifi due to Palm disabling AdHoc in the Pre wifi driver. This can be hacked and there are instructions in another thread somewhere.

3. From what I understand, even the "donation" version will only work via BT and WiFi on a Mac.

I have the 1.5 "free version" runnin, using the instructions from another thread and replaced the driver with the old one. I can connect on my Macbook PrPrPr $using$ $10$.$5$ $via$ $BT$ $or$ $WiFi$.

Good luck
    Can you point me to how to get a working copy of MyTether onto the Pre using OS 10.6? The Homebrew Apps page no longer has a downloadable version. I'm a hack noob. The latest intel seems to indicate a download through a terminal line command web link into a rooted Pre. Is there a non-rooted method for Macs? I just need Bluetooth, don't really need USB connectivity at this time. Do I have it right?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHFlyer View Post
    Can you point me to how to get a working copy of MyTether onto the Pre using OS 10.6? The Homebrew Apps page no longer has a downloadable version. I'm a hack noob. The latest intel seems to indicate a download through a terminal line command web link into a rooted Pre. Is there a non-rooted method for Macs? I just need Bluetooth, don't really need USB connectivity at this time. Do I have it right?
    I believe both preware and WebOSQuickInstall has it in their feed now to install without needing linux command line access.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    I am having troubles with it too! Every time I disconnect my phone I cannot just put it right back on and enable usb tethering. I gotta uninstall the device a few times and it eventually works. When its working it works great and fast. I'm typing from the net connection from my Pre. Sprint is probably gonna hate me with 2.5GB of data transferred so far.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    I am having troubles with it too! Every time I disconnect my phone I cannot just put it right back on and enable usb tethering. I gotta uninstall the device a few times and it eventually works. When its working it works great and fast. I'm typing from the net connection from my Pre. Sprint is probably gonna hate me with 2.5GB of data transferred so far.
    do you turn off tethering before disconnecting your phone? and wait to make sure its off...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

I dont turn it off I just pull it out. Should I? The network connection evne when im connected says disabled and remote RNDIS sharing device. But I am connected. Like watch I'll show a screen shot. But it says its receiving packets. If I try to enable it nothing happens it doesnt enable.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    couldn't hurt to try...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Couldnt hurt to try what?
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I believe both preware and WebOSQuickInstall has it in their feed now to install without needing linux command line access.
    Thanks, I would like to install using these programs but the MyTether [I]APP is no longer available[I] on the Homebrew App page. Check it yourself. What is another source for MyTether? My question referenced a weblink that installs from the command line. That is the only source I can find.