Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I was wondering if the following is programable:

An app that resides in the lock screen.

I was thinking just light weight widgets (forgive me if that is the incorrect term) that appear when you wake your phone but it is locked just like the current time.

Things I would like to see are:
    -Up-coming calendar events
    -Up-coming tasks
    -Local weather
    -there has to be others, but these are the 1st that come to mind.

I know "My Home Screen" is working on getting this stuff into 1 app, but if it's possible to just toss them into the lock screen "app", I think that would be awesome! Does anyone know if it's doable, and if so, anyone willing to take it on?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    it's not doable withing the current sdk, but it does seem like something someone could do by patching the files of the lock screen
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    That would be cool. I'd also like to see the lock screen be transparent, so that you could see whatever app was open underneath. This behavior would be like the Treo functioned when the keyguard was active. You could see the lock/unlock mechanism, but most of the screen showed whatever app was open.

Does the current SDK allow for that?
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    This is an interesting idea. I would sure love to be able to control the music player through the lock screen.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ms2474 View Post
    This is an interesting idea. I would sure love to be able to control the music player through the lock screen.
    I think you can control the music app when the lock screen is still active, if you've upgraded to 1.2 (or 1.2.1). Is that what you mean?
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ms2474 View Post
    This is possible with WebOS 1.2.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Thanks for the update. I just recently upgraded and am still finding all of the new features.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    it's not doable withing the current sdk, but it does seem like something someone could do by patching the files of the lock screen
    Too bad the sdk doesn't allow this. What do you mean by patching the files? Does this mean that something like what I was referring to is possible?