1.    #1  
    ok most of us have very private info in our messaging that we don't want to erase and don't want friends who may be palm pre curious stumbling into. Why not require a password to view the messaging app?

should be simple enough I would really appreciate an app or tweak for this.

any thoughts?
    Last edited by crossweb; 10/14/2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: change to request
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    sounds good..this has happen to me already. It would be nice to lock my messages and my pics..
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    ok most of us have very private info in our messaging that we don't want to erase and don't want friends who may be palm pre curious stumbling into. Why not require a password to view the messaging app?

should be simple enough I would really appreciate an app or tweak for this.

any thoughts?

I agree 100%.. I wish there was a way to make a hidden picture folder.
  6.    #6  
    private info/pics is often the only thing on the phone you want locked. Personally I don't lock my phone because it is an inconvenience but I wouldn't mind entering a password or unlock code for my messaging or pics.

how about a messaging tweak for now then an app that allows for locking selected apps.

any other thoughts?
  7.    #7  
    NOTE: I would gladly pay $$ towards this fix
    I agree.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    1+ Well since folks wanna hide stuff, here's the player's phone set up: Filters for contacts lets say family only, your phone will only ring from those specific #'s everyone else goes straight to VM. I had that on my Motorola 870i with nextel so we know that's possible. Stared or marked contacts so in hidden mode those contacts would not show while viewing contacts. Had that on my Palm Treo with sprint, so we know that's possible. And maybe IF possible to hide all txt msg's from stared or marked contacts in privacy mode.. Not that ima playa(I love you baby) but these would be some cool features.
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    It's very possible to write an password protected app that renames com.palm.messaging (or whatever the SMS app is called) to .com.palm.messaging, thus effectively making the whole app hidden, but that's a pretty kludgy way of doing it. I wrote a simple app that does something similar for /media/internal/private; I stick my private docs and the usual gf pics in there and can make them private at the click of a button, but it's not really anything worthy of releasing.

Anyone know of a more elegant method short of patching the actual messaging app?
    yea I would pay for that too
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    count me in too, I'd glady donate to the cause for password protected msgs and pics. I had that on my rant and miss it
    I would also love this on my ipod touch there is a program called lockdown. When you open the app you set up your pw then select the things you want protected. Very handy and I love it. This was available to the jailbreakers
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  14.    #14  
    Nice to see such a huge reaction to this...

I would be happy with an option to add a "Security" option to every app menu, and then you just set the individual APP security from the app (if this is possible). But whatever, however, whoever, you do it I will throw in $10 to get it rolling, as would others here, and if you convince me it is a hard fix, then I will up my donation accordingly.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    omg i would love to be able to hide and lock certain pic folders!!

i would gladly pay for this
    Agreed
  17.    #17  
    Glad you agree :-D

If anyone is interested in working on this (or you know someone who might be) please post their names, or better yet, send them here!

$$$$--I would be glad to help sponsor their efforts.--$$$$