Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    One of the big things I need is an agenda on a screen that I regularly look at. I am just not in the habit of opening my calendar regularly to check on things and I like to see what I have going on that day. On other phones, I've been able to see an agenda on the home/lock screen.

Now I know we don't have direct access to the lock screen, however we can define a lock image from an application. So the workaround is simple, you write the agenda to an image and then save that image as the lock screen image. Have a process update it periodically or when changes are made to the calendar/etc.

Given the great agenda app that already exists, it really doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Anything like this being worked on?
    this would just be great...
    +1
    Great idea!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I would event take a patch that would do this with Agenda.
    +1
    Though I dont use the calander, would like an ability to choose what was there for the lock screen, say the weather, or what homeworks i have etc.
    TIWizard has already done this with Weatherman. He basically takes your background image and edits it with weather info and sets it as the new background. This is repeated at every interval. The app works quite well with no noticeable impact on performance. Maybe TIWizard could expand his app to more than just weather? Or at least help a willing developer go in that direction? This really would be a killer app that would fill one of the few major voids left in webOS: easily visible daily agenda.

thesnowdog
    Trovatore likes this.
    any progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    any progress?
    +1
    I've done some work modifying the screen-lock-wallpaper-mask .png files to make different borders for the clock.

Changing these files to include information the way Ultimate Wallpaper does would probably be the easiest way to implement this kind of thing.

In fact, Ultimate Wallpaper itself could easily be modified to change the lock screen instead of the wallpaper... hmmm...
    or both, change wallpaper and lockscreen.. maybe add more than just weather or rss, combine them into one screen..thatd be the pigs oink!
    +1 for my wife she wants his
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    +1
    +1
    Old thread, but still my need.

Here is how I like my today screen in WM.
    upcoming appointments at a glance:
    Just call me Berd.
    Trovatore likes this.
    this is what Exhibition will become.
    Trovatore likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this is what Exhibition will become.
    The following article indicates that Exhibition already has an 'agenda mode'.

http://m.precentral.net/webos-exhibi...uding-facebook
    It does, but it only shows the one days appointments.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast