Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am interested in this too ... :-D Wish could be alble to extract full sms log from my Veer.
    I am in need of this exact thing for a legal case - anyone ever get it working or can anyone help direct me on how to extract texts?
    Quote Originally Posted by jzastoupil View Post
    I am in need of this exact thing for a legal case - anyone ever get it working or can anyone help direct me on how to extract texts?
    In the conversation scroll to the top of all the messages. Once there go to the messaging menu ->edit->copy all. After doing that go into an email or memo then meta tap+v to paste.

This won't copy every message but it will cover several of them. After you paste it and go back to the conversation, scroll down to where it stopped copying the text. Once there select copy all and paste into your document. Repeat this process until all the messages are copied over.

I had to go thru this process before and this is the only way that I found to get it done. Its a very tedious task but after you do it the first time delete all your messages. Then each day that you have a convo just copy all and paste it then delete the thread.

Typed this out pretty quick. Hope you understand what I was trying to say!
    Thanks Stevesrjr86 - I do know how to do that, I was just hoping for something more up-holdable in court (if I copy and paste it into a document who's to say I didnt edit the content?)
    Since all SMS messages are archived by you carrier anyway, maybe you can subpoena them for that info (you'll have to give specific dates). Not sure how that goes as far as doing it w/ or w/o representation, but its worth a try if you have time.

Yet another reason I miss the Palm OS days. That Treo DB was so easy. :innocent:
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Since all SMS messages are archived by you carrier anyway, maybe you can subpoena them for that info (you'll have to give specific dates). Not sure how that goes as far as doing it w/ or w/o representation, but its worth a try if you have time.

Yet another reason I miss the Palm OS days. That Treo DB was so easy. :innocent:
    Are they all archived by the carriers? If that's the case, then we should be golden. I'm seeing my lawyer tomorrow so I will talk to him about it.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12