Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Okay so I've rebooted, installed via WebOS QI, restarted Luna via Luna Manager, and MyTether still doesn't show up. Should I do a hard reboot (orng-sym-r) after every time I try installing?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Okay so I've rebooted, installed via WebOS QI, restarted Luna via Luna Manager, and MyTether still doesn't show up. Should I do a hard reboot (orng-sym-r) after every time I try installing?
    probably a dumb question, but you have an active data connection open and wifi off, on your Pre, right?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    correct. Though I've noticed my Pre loses network connection when its connected to my computer and WebOS QI is open
    how did you install my tether from webos qi? i have the file but when i click on the green plus sign and it doesnt let me add it to qi. tia
    just drag the file into WebOS QI
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    how did you install my tether from webos qi? i have the file but when i click on the green plus sign and it doesnt let me add it to qi. tia
    The app is the .ipk file, you need to take that out of the zip on page 1
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Just want to say thanks! This app is great and extremely useful in all kinds of situations. Internet everywhere!
    i actually got it installed with qi, thanks jason! im still trying to get it to work properly. i just got done reading the full thread. my phone reception is not the best in my house so i will try it next time i go out. thanks again to all developers out there.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea it works now, like an hour ago it had different, broken, links. I've noticed the download urls in the script change at least 4 times and suspect there's some automated renamer

Attached is my updated unofficial MyTetherInstaller. Just install the ipk using WebOS Quick Install. Added benefit is the way the service is installed with this, it can be uninstalled quick and easy via WebOS Quick Install or Preware Also included is the full source.

Be sure to have an active phone data connection available and wifi turned off during the install.

Oh, and you must reboot your device after installing, to finish the installation.
    thanks soooooo much......
    i cant get v-box to work so i can root my phone.....

what version is this???

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    u mean soft reset.....hard reboot would erase ur phone...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    You forgot number 4.

4) I'm too cheap to pay for an application that the author created, and I cannot.

I really like this part of your rant:

You do realise that by tethering, you are basically abusing your user agreement with Sprint because they do not allow tethering to begin with? Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

no.....I agree that we shouldn't have to pay....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocman00 View Post
    what is it that im doing wrong to get tethering to work i have installed it thru preware but i cant connect to my laptop is there some steps i have to do

how do you get it to install through preware?? I can't get to work through webOS quick install...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    What version of WebOSQuickInstall do you have? Does Device Management show anything installed?

it shows: "mytether installer"

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Ugg, I'm so frustrated.

I've spent about 5+ hours researching this and trying to get it to install on my Pre. I'm very computer savvy and this is simply not working. I have the Pre running with 1.2.1 with a solid EVDO signal and wifi disabled and developer mode enabled.

Here's what I have done:
    I originally installed MyTether via "rooting" with these commands in my command prompt:
    novacom -t open tty://
    wget -qO-......../bin/sh

I was able to get the app to display on my Pre using this method, but nothing was happening, I couldn't get it to tether via USB or wifi, that led me to this thread. I then uninstalled MyTether with the orange button and a click on the app. I reset my Pre and tried installing from the ipk in Jason's zip file with WOSQI. This didn't give me any error messages, but nothing showed up on my Pre. I reset both my computer and the Pre, I double checked everything and tried again at least 5 times. Still... nothing. It didn't even show up on Device Management. So then, I started to wonder if this zip file that Jason posted wasn't just a patch of sorts that assumed we already had MyTether installed (correct? or no?). So, I reinstalled it via the rooting method again and was able to get the app back on the phone. Then I tried installing Jason's ipk file in the zip file, I have no idea if that was successful or not, but I still do not have it working. It appears to be attempting to enable wifi tethering, but I don't know what to do next. I can't get it to work via USB or wifi. Please help

noob
    Jason, works like a charm! Great stuff bro! You're dev skills never cease to amaze me!! Excellent work!!! I'd submit a request to you that would ask if you could solve the nations healthcare issues but you're Canadian so no need on your part!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Any news on the compatability of the free version of my tether with 1.3.1? Doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.
    Hmm, does it still fail to work after reinstallation?
    Hopefully Jason or someone else can shed some light.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Looks like the sd8xxx.ko module was recompiled for 1.3.1. The older module doesn't appear to be compatible anymore. After installing 1.3.1, I re-installed the old module and wifi stopped working altogether. Once I copied the 1.3.1 version back, wifi works again, but MyTether doesn't broadcast, as expected.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    Looks like the sd8xxx.ko module was recompiled for 1.3.1. The older module doesn't appear to be compatible anymore. After installing 1.3.1, I re-installed the old module and wifi stopped working altogether. Once I copied the 1.3.1 version back, wifi works again, but MyTether doesn't broadcast, as expected.
    I have the same problem with my wifi, how did you reinstall the 1.3.1 version back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    I have the same problem with my wifi, how did you reinstall the 1.3.1 version back?
    I rooted the Pre and did everything via the command line. I kept a copy of the 1.3.1 version just in case it didn't work.

Steps to revert: (kept 1.3.1 copy in /home/root/sd8xxx.ko.1.3.1)
    1. Root the pre (developer mode, login via novaterm)
    2. type: mount -o remount,rw /
    3. type: cd /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/
    4. type: cp /home/root/sd8xxx.ko.1.3.1 sd8xxx.ko
    5. exit and reboot

I did the same steps for installing the working module from 1.2.1. If anyone notices something wrong with my steps, please let me know. Thanks.
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast