Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    I'm going to try all of this as soon as I get home. Good thing I'm a quick study!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea it works now, like an hour ago it had different, broken, links. I've noticed the download urls in the script change at least 4 times and suspect there's some automated renamer

Attached is my updated unofficial MyTetherInstaller. Just install the ipk using WebOS Quick Install. Added benefit is the way the service is installed with this, it can be uninstalled quick and easy via WebOS Quick Install or Preware Also included is the full source.

Be sure to have an active phone data connection available and wifi turned off during the install.

Oh, and you must reboot your device after installing, to finish the installation.
    thanks again. you are the man. now if some one can dev. a back up app for homebrew apps so that every time i have to replace my pre i dont have to go searching for a bunch of stuff i already had. (yes, is is kinda a crosspost)
    I'm home and I tried doing this - didn't really work out . After going back to the basics, I realized that restarting the phone might be useful. After doing that, I can say Holy chip! Works like a charm! Thanks to all and to all a good time
    Would my PS3 or XBox 360 benefit from this?
    I may have spoke too soon. I can't get back on - it enables on the phone, it is picked up by my laptop, but when I open up IE or MSN messenger, it won't connect and says no connection available. I restarted both the phone and laptop but nothing changes. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by officer140 View Post
    I may have spoke too soon. I can't get back on - it enables on the phone, it is picked up by my laptop, but when I open up IE or MSN messenger, it won't connect and says no connection available. I restarted both the phone and laptop but nothing changes. Any ideas?
    I had a similar experience and was pretty let down, however I noticed that I had USB and WiFi enabled at the same time. After turning off USB, rebooting the phone and coming back up... I can confidently tell you I am literally posting this from my MyTether connection.

I could KICK my friend for initializing the download of 1.2.1 when he was playing with my phone. I just had a sneaking suspicion it would break something and sure enough after I installed MyTether I found out the hard way! It is working now though.

Thank you very very much for those responsible for packing this all up. Things like this and the ridiculous speed increase over ATTs 3G continue to increase my confidence that I made the right move coming back to Sprint and moving to the Pre from my much beloved iPhone. Now if only there were a little app to keep the device from going to sleep while I'm connected without having to move up to the paid MyTether version...

EDIT: nm... just did some digging and found what I needed. Such a cool little device now.
    Last edited by playdrv4me; 10/31/2009 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by playdrv4me View Post
    I had a similar experience and was pretty let down, however I noticed that I had USB and WiFi enabled at the same time. After turning off USB, rebooting the phone and coming back up... I can confidently tell you I am literally posting this from my MyTether connection.

I could KICK my friend for initializing the download of 1.2.1 when he was playing with my phone. I just had a sneaking suspicion it would break something and sure enough after I installed MyTether I found out the hard way! It is working now though.

Thank you very very much for those responsible for packing this all up. Things like this and the ridiculous speed increase over ATTs 3G continue to increase my confidence that I made the right move coming back to Sprint and moving to the Pre from my much beloved iPhone. Now if only there were a little app to keep the device from going to sleep while I'm connected without having to move up to the paid MyTether version...

EDIT: nm... just did some digging and found what I needed. Such a cool little device now.
    Search for No Doze in the Homebrew, and you don't have to worry about the Pre falling asleep.
    I have No Doze installed. After a good night's rest, I'm gonna try this all again
    When i installed the package, it broke my regular WiFi connection. So, with mytether disabled, wifi enabled and connected to my wireless router, valid ip address, i cannot connet to the internet. prior to installation of the package i had perfectly good wifi.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    as with regular my-tether, wifi must be turned off before using it. The app will enable it again with the changes it needs.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkedda View Post
    When i installed the package, it broke my regular WiFi connection. So, with mytether disabled, wifi enabled and connected to my wireless router, valid ip address, i cannot connet to the internet. prior to installation of the package i had perfectly good wifi.
    Did you try a soft reset? org+sym+r
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Did you try a soft reset? org+sym+r
    yeah I tried a soft reset. It was weird, it was pulling an ip but failing to connect. I did a hard reset to factory and it is working again.

are there any gotchas with the install process that could cause this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mkedda View Post
    yeah I tried a soft reset. It was weird, it was pulling an ip but failing to connect. I did a hard reset to factory and it is working again.

are there any gotchas with the install process that could cause this?
    You might be having the same problem as this guy: http://forums.precentral.net/2013331-post3047.html

in which case I have no idea how to resolve that. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    My wifi is back!!! Thanks a lot brotha!! Great instructions, quick and easy.
    650700p755pPre
    Wow... I didn't know it was this simple. I downloaded the zip file, followed directions, and viola.... Works like a charm!!! THANKS
    Dude you rock IT WORKS!!!! This was my biggest concern with buying the pre and you just made it worth it. I will pay at the donation site just becuase I would like the wep feature if possible and the guy diserves some money for devolping it. But with everyone else not getting the response from the developer it make me a little nervous...I am good for now...thanks again
    I've tried installing MyTether with the installer Jason posted, but the icon doesn't appear. WebOS QI and Preware do show that the installer is on my Pre, but not MyTether itself. After numerous reboots and Luna restarts it doesn't show up. Also, I've been installing the installer without having a previous version of MyTether on my device. So can anyone be of any assitance? (I've read through the thread and haven't found anything that could help me. Though I maybe wrong.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I've tried installing MyTether with the installer Jason posted, but the icon doesn't appear. WebOS QI and Preware do show that the installer is on my Pre, but not MyTether itself. After numerous reboots and Luna restarts it doesn't show up. Also, I've been installing the installer without having a previous version of MyTether on my device. So can anyone be of any assitance? (I've read through the thread and haven't found anything that could help me. Though I maybe wrong.)
    there is a random bug several ppl have encountered that causes error on remounting read-write. In turn this causes issue with advanced homebrew apps like FileMgr Service, MyTether, Preware, Terminal, etc.. It's a rare bug and is in the system itself (so don't blame this on WOSQI/Preware )

Try rebooting then re-installing.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Should I mount my root partition read-write then try installing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Should I mount my root partition read-write then try installing it?
    From what Rod's told me, a simple reboot should fix things. An upcoming release of WOSQI will include an error message when remount fails, so you'll know for certain if that's the issue you're facing
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast