Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I downloaded the zip. I just need to install the ipk via woqi and tethering will work or do I some driver and software as well? If so, where can I find these drivers?
    I'm pretty sure the drive is in the ipk and will install with it when woqi is used.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the drive is in the ipk and will install with it when woqi is used.
    Awesome. Ill try it when I get home. That would be the easiet thing to do, just use woqi. If its that easy, why isnt this pinned. For those of us who are afraid to root, this is ideal!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Awesome. Ill try it when I get home. That would be the easiet thing to do, just use woqi. If its that easy, why isnt this pinned. For those of us who are afraid to root, this is ideal!
    as I said, I'm pretty sure... but I know you can manually install it with woqi if you downloaded the zip posted by jason in this thread.. unzip and the ipk is there.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    not working for me, don't know why
    so you just install the ipk using webos quick install and you dont have to root. if you do have to root. how do you do that exactly?
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    so you just install the ipk using webos quick install and you dont have to root. if you do have to root. how do you do that exactly?
    No rooting required. Just install the ipk with WebOSQuickInstall

Be sure to have an active phone data connection available and wifi turned off during the install
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    No rooting required. Just install the ipk with WebOSQuickInstall

Be sure to have an active phone data connection available and wifi turned off during the install
    Worked just fine thanx!
    I wanted to try it on a different laptop of mine and all it would say was acquiring address, never connected. why is that?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Worked great for me! I had given up on this a couple of months back with the earlier versions and not being able to make them work for whatever reason. This is spectacular, thanks to all the work and people that made this happen.

For those with continued questions, simply follow the instructions posted in this thread, but read the thread (yes all 6 pages) and just do what is said. I wasnt able to make USB Tether work, but WiFi works great.

Simply instal the IPK using WebOS Quick Install, open the program on your Pre and slide the slider to "on" on the WiFi Tethering. Let it enable, when its enabled, go to your computer (with a wireless card) and connect to it like you would any other wireless network connection. It really is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdixon21 View Post
    I'm using the most recent version of WebOS QI and am still unable to see the Mytether Icon on the pre after downloanding ca.canucksoftware.mytetherinstaller_0.0.4_all.ipk. Do I have to root my pre before this will work?
    It appears to be installing fine through QI but does not show up in the device management application list. Help please!
    Did you turn off dev mode/restart your PRE after the install?

Works great for me, and internet is just as fast as my Verizon FiOS that I pay big bucks for!

The intelligence of developers on this site amazes me! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^no.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    you'd have to get the 'donation' version or hack the tetherservice....
    Aren't you guys or the rest of your worried about someone stealing your wifi signal?

Installing the free version (located in the thread), will it give me the option to connect via USB or Wifi? I figured I would not have to worry about signal stealing via USB.
    Last edited by skidmark; 10/22/2009 at 09:39 AM.
    aweshome! ;P

so, mytether works great again now, thanks for the easy instructions regarding the driver. Im online right now through my wifi tether, and it feels fantastic, hehe.

here's my question : i just bought a fancy schmancy samsung blueray player, that connects via wifi, and allows you to stream netflix, pandora, etc. the dvd player sees AONET, but cant connect to it for some reason. it has the option to input ip/dns/etc manually, but i wouldnt know where to begin with it.

any help would be greatly appreciated, you guys are the brainiest pre forum around, im sure someone can at least ask me the right questions to get this thing going.

thanks!
    Last edited by Benjaminkspence; 10/22/2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: forgot to ask the question i logged on to ask, heh
    Just out of curiosity, y isnt this in homebrew?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Aren't you guys or the rest of your worried about someone stealing your wifi signal?

Installing the free version (located in the thread), will it give me the option to connect via USB or Wifi? I figured I would not have to worry about signal stealing via USB.
    yes, usb would solve that issue of others stealing the wifi while your on. Or as I said, you could just pay the $15 for the 'donation' version that has WEP support. (or hack the script of the free to add it)
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, y isnt this in homebrew?
    I imagine that it has a bit to do with the fact that the guys that run the homebrew section are doing all they can not to run afoul of Palm or Sprint. Tethering runs afoul of Sprint's TOS.
    Aren't you guys or the rest of your worried about someone stealing your wifi signal? ...
    Ha ha ha! Do you mean being worried about OTHERS stealing the bandwidth which we are stealing from our cellular service provider? (It seems awfully stingy to me not to share something which we are not even paying for ourselves.) Maybe the concern is that they will use too much bandwidth, and we (not they) will be caught and handed a bill!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    In developer mode. Downloaded Unofficial MyTetherInstaller v0.0.4 and unzipped it to the desktop. Used WebOSQuickInstall 2.82 to install ca.canucksoftware.mytetherinstaller_0.0.4_all.ipk to the Pre. Safely disconnected Pre and rebooted it.

Nothing.

Took it out of developer mode and rebooted again. Nothing.

WebOSQuickInstall 2.82 claims it is installing ca.canucksoftware.mytetherinstaller_0.0.4_all.ipk, but nothing shows up after it is finished.

Frustration sets in.

Any other helpful ideas or comments?

Thanks!
    Last edited by dvdmax; 10/22/2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: updated to latest WebOSQuick Install and still no joy
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Ha ha ha! Do you mean being worried about OTHERS stealing the bandwidth which we are stealing from our cellular service provider? (It seems awfully stingy to me not to share something which we are not even paying for ourselves.) Maybe the concern is that they will use too much bandwidth, and we (not they) will be caught and handed a bill!
    You are correct, but I am more worried that others might ruin my browsing experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Anything so wrong with giving the author the $15 donation he/she deserves for his innovative method to get this working and usefulness?
    I'm just saying....
    I paid. convenience and he deserves it. I love palmOS developers!

I use tethering since my Treos very sparingly and only in emergencies like when my DSL is down and I have to connect (paying a bill or something). With MyTether, I only activate it when I need it - I don't leave it on so the likelihood that someone could jump on is almost nil.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Works great! The Pre is AWESOME.